whatever it takes

REYNA CARRIED A sleeping Mariana off of the elevator, while her free hand was holding tightly onto Theo's. She was making her way down the hall towards Ryan and Blake's suite, though she really wished she wasn't. She was scared—scared that she would see him. Any other time she would have been ecstatic to see her husband, but after the incident last night she was less than thrilled about the thought.

Reyna had hardly stopped crying since she had witnessed it, though she managed to keep herself semi-composed for the sake of Mariana and Theo. They wondered why her eyes were so red and so puffy, though, but her response remained that she hadn't been able to sleep, and that was true. Reyna had only managed to sleep a total of two hours the previous night, and even those two hours had been spent tossing and turning. She was a wreck, and the fact that her children were seeing her in such a state only made her feel worse.

"Uncle Ry, open up this door!" Theo called as he began knocking on Ryan and Blake's hotel room door.

Reyna managed a small smile at the sight and sound of her son. Mariana and Theo seemed to be the only two in her life that were able to keep her from completely falling apart. She didn't even want to think about the emotional state she would be in if she didn't have the two of them.

The hotel room door opened seconds later, revealing Ryan in all his glory. Theo released his hold on Reyna's hand and hurried into the room, probably to find James, Reyna thought. A small smile pulled at the corner of Ryan's lips when his eyes flashed from the sleeping girl in Reyna's arms and then to her.

"Want me to take her?"

Reyna smiled in thanks and carefully moved Mariana from her arms and into Ryan's. "I think I'm going to go back to the condo," Reyna told Ryan as she shoved her hands into the pockets of her jeans.

Ryan scoffed and grabbed her arm. "I think you're going to get your ass inside and eat these damn chicken tenders," he said before pulling her into the room, not allowing her the opportunity to so much as protest.

Reyna let out a sigh of defeat as Ryan closed the door behind her and hurried into the kitchen, where a white box was sitting on the counter.

"I'm pretty sure Ryan stole about two of them," Blake said to her as she strolled over to retrieve a drink from the fridge.

"Of course he did," Reyna muttered before grabbing the box, as well as her sauces, and heading off for Blake and Ryan's room.

Once she was inside, she closed the door behind her and ventured over to the bed, wasting no time at all in shoving her food into her mouth. Reyna was busy working on her ninth chicken tender when she took notice of her ring finger on her left hand. She stopped eating as she took in the absence of her wedding ring, the ring that hadn't left her finger in almost five years. The thought of it only made her more upset than she already was, as did the realization that she would be spending her wedding anniversary alone for the very first time.

A few tears slipped from Reyna's eyes and she reached up to wipe them away, though she was stopped by the abrupt action of someone shoving the bedroom door open. A startled Reyna jumped back slightly and looked up to meet the eyes of Ryan.

"Dammit, Reyna," he exclaimed with a shake of his head. "You got buffalo sauce on the sheets."

Reyna rolled her eyes and wiped her face, removing herself from the mattress to find something she could use to clean it off. "Maybe you shouldn't have scared me."

"What are you doing?"

"Finding something so I can clean off your stupid sheets."

Ryan pursed his lips as he watched her head towards the bathroom, but before she could make it inside he ran over and grabbed her, pulling her small body over his shoulders.