Sadness.

Toms POV

The words escape her mouth, "I love you Tom."

"Ruby I love you to!" I say slightly shaking her as her eyes close.

I had her body in my arms as I was kneeling on the floor. Her hand in mine. Tears starting flowing out of my eyes.

"Ill always be with you.." I slightly here her say, she said with her last breaths.

She stopped breathing.

"Ill get revenge." I say.

I held her body in my arms until the police arrived. I had to force myself to let her go. Her hand slowly slipping from mine as another police officer helped me up and got me out of there.

"Goodbye Ruby." I say whispering.

Walking past everyone, I felt like it was in slow motion, everyone's faces staring at me. The school now knew that we were police officers. I saw the look on all their faces like they were disappointed in me. I saw Fuller looking at me and his lips were moving but no words were coming out.

"Hanson" I hear all of a sudden as it was like he was trying to get my attention.

But all I could think of Ruby, I still felt her hand in mine.

"Hanson, you need to take some time off. "

"I understand." I manage to mutter out.

I got a lift to my apartment and that's where I broke down. I kicked over the bedside table with rage, pushed off all the things on my cabinet to the floor and then I threw the table.

I start crying again, I cover my eyes with my hands, thinking about Ruby.

Ill get my revenge.