Fourth

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

The Unlucky Thirteenth

Fourth--Cornered

Summary: The Thirteenth gets a call from a dangerous adversary, who wants something she may not be able to give.

Her eyes ran over the stock of supplies she had packed in a large hiking backpack. The bag itself looked inconspicuous, one of hundreds of its type mass produced. Black, with a blue zipper. Simple. Efficient. Large.

Well, the supplies weren't exactly packed in the bag at the moment. They were strewn across the counter as the black haired teen tried to organize everything. So okay, she wasn't the neatest person around. Really, it wasn't like she needed to be! It didn't bother her at all that everything was just a jumbled, disorganized mess...

Nope. Didn't bother her at all.

She had probably gone a little crazy with the food supplies. Simple things that would last for a while. She didn't want to starve to death if she could help it. Not a fun way to go.

The girl had clothes as well as flashlights, batteries, knives, ammunition, and her gun. A first aid kit, bottled water, and a bunch of our hidden supply of bombs.

And of course, all the money she could find.

The girl had more as well, but that was already packed away. She quickly pulled out her cellphone and checked it.

5/6 2:23 I pack supplies away.

5/6 2:27 I head out in search of Minene.

5/6 4:17 I run into Kousaka Ouji in the park. What an ass.

5/6 4:21 He starts a fight. I take him down without a problem.

5/6 9:01 I get a call from one Kurusu Keigo.

She knew one thing for sure. If she was going to see Kosaka Ouji again, she refused to go to the park. Minene wasn't going to be there anyway, so why bother? Her Diary was being useless at the moment since the girl wasn't in need of misdirection. She considered throwing it at the wall in frustration, but that probably wouldn't be the smartest move, seeing as she could die.

Could her Diary really be that useless? A misdirection diary, used to manipulate others? Useful in some circumstances, but what happened when she didn't need advice? What if she just needed facts? The cons of her Diary outweighed the advantages.

Who was Kurusu Keigo? The name sounded familiar, but...nope. Didn't ring any bells. She sucked in a deep breath and tried to shrug off the worry building in her stomach. Minene had still not returned, and the police had only become plentiful on the streets since the bombing of the school.

The girl still didn't understand why they had to bomb it. Before that, Minene had only ever decided to bomb religious structures and take out religious, political figures. The school had been a mistake. The police now had their eyes turned to any crime in the city, and kept a sharper eye out.

The only problem--getting into town to find the woman and get  away. The girl didn't want to hike thirty miles to town. Not again. The run was painful, long, and she still ached. The teen just hadn't been cut out for endless marathoning. 

She didn't know what else to do. The Thirteenth could stay here, and wait until she got that call. Or she could head out in search of Minene, but something told her that she wouldn't find the terrorist. She could... She didn't know. Find a place for the two to crash inside town, where it would be easier to do things. Stuff. Yeah.