Fourteenth

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

The Unlucky Thirteenth

Fourteenth--The First

Amaya's eyes flew open just as the door slammed into the wall beside it. Minene stood in the frame, a device in her hand and a bag slung over her shoulder.

"Get up Squirrel, get up!" The purple haired woman yanked her to her feet and tugged her to the bathroom. Amaya yelped in surprise before staggering to the side. Her hip connected with a hard surface and she cried out, slumping. How pathetic; how feeble.

"Two minutes to change. Two minutes. Splash water on your face, whatever. Do it." Minene tossed the bag at the girl wrapped in bandages. Amaya blinked in confusion but hauled herself to her feet on her own before collapsing.

Minene sighed and heaved the girl to a point where she rested by the sink. "Change. Do it, or you'll die before you see tomorrow." The door slammed shut in the teen's face.

"What does that even mean?" Amaya cried, attempting to rescue her balance. "How do you expect me to understand what--" The realization struck her hard.

Diary User.

She was so stupid. Amaya quickly tugged on the clothes in a fumbling mess and burst out of the closed, white tiled room with her hair a mess but thankfully all clothes successfully on.

Of course, only if that didn't count shoes. The girl carried them in her hand and looked at Minene pleadingly.

"I can't do them by myself, I'll rip my stitches or something like that and cause even more problems," the raven haired girl groaned. Minene rolled her eyes and gestured for the helpless teen to sit on the bed. Amaya did so, flopping backward onto the pristine white sheets with a yelp.

The injuries sustained by Amaya through the Tenth's dogs had healed merely a smidge. Amaya had run out of things to barter for favors from Deus, seeing as she had formulated a fail-safe in case she somehow died before she got the chance to enact her plan.

Amaya was not ready to die. She knew she would someday, but she did not believe now was her time to simply cease to exist. No do over.

Just endless oblivion in hell.

Amaya shuddered at the thought. Was it bad, to want to live so badly when she should not have a reason to forestall death? The terrorist jammed the Thirteenth's shoes onto her feet, fingers fumbling as she tied the laces.

Two minutes. Two minutes to get Amaya out of the hospital to relative safety. She couldn't fight while injured like this, and there was no way that Minene would leave her behind.

She would find her when all of this was over. Besides, the First, Second, and Fourth would all be in the vicinity tonight, and it cleared the charts as crucial that Amaya's peers did not uncover the Thirteenth's identity as someone who had a real advantage.

Her Diary was the Diary of Misdirection, as so called by Deus and Murmur. Amaya preferred to abbreviate that long, verbose title to the Manipulative Diary, seeing as the small pocket phone gave her advice on how to mislead others to Amaya's own benefit.

Once she finished, Amaya jerked off the bed and attempted to snatch the knife from Minene's pocket of her uniform. The terrorist slapped her hand before heading out of the room, leaving Amaya to hobble to the door. When the girl made it that far, she paused and breathed in sharply.

Mom, Dad, Akari and Akira--I won't give up. No matter how it pains me, I can't give up. Not now. I don't have any fucking thing to live for right now, except an endless future I don't want. Is dying the better alternative to a ceaseless existence?