Nineteenth

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

The Unlucky Thirteenth

Nineteenth–Trickery

Summary: While Akise and his friends search for Amano and the Second, Yuno is plotting something that may ruin everything yet.

In a dark, dark, screen-lit room, Gasai Yuno held her breath. She watched the figures climbing around different parts of different hotels, and wondered when one of them would come to a realization of where she stayed. It was too obvious really, too obvious which hotel she would pick. In fact? That was exactly why she chose it, as well as its layout, which would make it hard for them to find her.

No, impossible. She wanted to see the look on Amaya's face when she killed all her friends again. When she ripped them to shreds, after they succumbed to the gas. She wanted to cause that suffering. The Amaya of the first world had caused so much trouble alongside Akise, despite not being involved in the game at all.

Yuno Gasai hated Amaya, which was why she made her life a living hell once she got to the second world. She and the Eleventh worked to twist her brother, and watched as he did the deed. She had let the girl escape on accident, of course, because she had been preoccupied with something involving her Yukki.

Yuno gazed down at Yukki's phone, waiting for an entry to pop up. Nothing did, and she wondered why before realizing the answer. He wasn't sentient enough for his perspective to trigger his Diary. Silly her, thinking she would be able to use it. Hers didn't give her any warning on Yukki either, which meant that the group of misfits searching for them wouldn't find them at their current rate.

Time to spice things up a bit.

Yuno wanted to hurt them. She wanted to hurt them so much they couldn't stand it. She wanted to make sure they feared her. She had spared their lives last time after all, surely they owed that much to her.

Right?

She wanted to make sure that every single one of them got what they deserved.

Starting with Amaya.

***

"This isn't a good idea. Why did Nishijima conscript us for this? Also, where the hell is he?" Amaya crossed her arms while trudging along with Hinata and Mao. The two turned back to look at her before she rolled her eyes.

"You've seen how Yuno is. Mao, she freaking stabbed you at the observatory, apparently murdered a shit ton of people at that hospital, and now kidnapped the loser we're looking for. Oh dear God, give me a break. Shouldn't actual trained cops go in to do this? Not five middle school teens? Really?" Amaya launched into her rant with gusto.

"Not to mention we don't have weapons or anything. If she did kidnap him, she'll be armed. If she did, then why don't we have actual confirmation that she did? How the hell do we even know that she kidnapped him?

"And if we do find him, how are we supposed to deal with this situation? Call up Nishijima and ask him to show up and save our asses?" She scowled and kicked at a rock. "I think not."

Hinata and Mao ignored her. Secretly, she was grateful for that. "The hell, you guys? And why did we split up? We'll be safer in a group." She continued to grumble. The entire thing made absolutely no sense to her. Why split up? Why even do this in the first place? Why had Akise decided this entire thing was a good idea?

Oh right, because of his freaking obsession with Amano.

"Amaya?" Hinata asked carefully. Mao took a step back, unsure how to react to the storm brewing in Amaya's eyes.