Eleventh

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

The Unlucky Thirteenth

Eleventh- Deadly Memory

Summary: The First and Second join the school, and the gang goes for a little stroll that might not end all too well.

The universe was against her.

Amaya knew the First was going to come to school eventually, but she had expected a bit of a heads up, whether from Kurusu or Nishijima. He sat diagonally behind her, directly next to Akise (who she unfortunately sat in front of now).

The days of him poking her with pencils if he ever came to school were already threatening to invade her one peace at school life. Amaya would never be able to stand his constant chatter, when the two of them were supposed to be paying attention and watching Hinata and/or Mao laugh at us silently. The request (order, really) from the teacher was a death sentence. Her life would be living hell.

Why was there a smile tugging at her lips, when she cradled her hand in her palm and gazed out the window like she was sure he did in class, her face turned to the sky? Amaya didn't have a clue why the corners of her lips began to tug up, over the cacophony of the rest of the class's chatter.

Wisps of white clouds streaked the sky, a frosted window for the blue expanse of marble above. There were murmured voices behind, in front of, and beside her, but looking at the eerie calm of the city, she could care less about petty conversation.

"Hey, are you listening to me? Turn around!" Amaya assumed this annoying guy was talking to her, so she slowly fixed a glare on her face as she faced the person who sounded like they were expecting someone to wash their feet. As his face flashed to recognition in her eyes, she could feel herself paling.

Dark hair, a shirt much like the one on that day. A self-assured, somehow familiar smirk written across his duck-like features. The same rush of intense dislike tempered by a bit of morality. The same idiotic posture, lounging in his chair like a throne.

Ouji Kousaka.

Amaya's life was over.

"Can I help you?" Amaya snapped sarcastically, arms crossed and her foot tapping impatiently. He smirked again, and Amaya began to turn back to the window before he spoke.

"I'm new here. The name's Kousaka." He stopped for a moment as if he was waiting for a response, but Amaya remained devoid of emotion. "Ouji Kousaka."

"Should I care?" The girl asked quickly, casting her gaze almost curiously toward the boy behind him. Bright blue eyes met her own, almost startling her with the intensity behind the look. His hand held his Diary, and her eyes struggled to keep from glancing at the contraption which marked the boy a candidate for death.

Just like her.

They looked similar, the two of them, with dark hair and blue eyes just a few shades different, phones clutched close and startled expressions on their faces. It was like looking through a mirror which was twisted and distorted, and the view bothered Amaya.

The first and the last, the beginning and the end. Had Deus known that he was coming today; had he known that this would startle her so much? Yes, she had seen the First before, but not in a place where she had no cause to be afraid.

If he was here, then the Second was too.

"What's your name?" The words startled Amaya out of her trance and her blueblueblue eyes snapped back up to Kousaka's face. Her foggy mind took a second to connect what he had said to the meaning of the sentence, and then a few more seconds to process that he was talking to her and to respond.