Chapter 18: The Blackmail

Ms. Kang gave a project but this time it would be done in groups. The project was making a relevant research to the topic which would be assigned to every group. The research should also be presented in class and will be due next week.

"Well, class groupings will be done through draw lots so it will be random and fair for everyone." Ms. Kang said.

Everyone reacted in disagreement. Of course you wanted to be with your friends when groupings were done.

"There will be 3 persons for each group. However, since you are 26 in this class, one group will only have 2 members so we have a total of 9 groups. Is that okay?" Ms. Kang asked.

"Ne!" All in the class agreed.

Ms. Kang passed the fish bowl and let everyone picked one paper on it and asked not to open it yet until all had one. If you have the same number then you are group mates. Chanyeol looked at you.

"I hope we are group mates Minnie!" He said.

"Me too and also Baekhyun!" You said.

Now all had their own. Ms. Kang asked everyone to open it.

"I'm 4!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"Me too!" Chanyeol said.

Then both of them looked at you.

You were sad. "I'm 9." You said.

"Awwww." They chorally said.

"Okay class. Now that you all have your numbers, you may now go to your respective groups and approach me here in front to get your research topic." Ms. Kang said.

You saw everyone finding their groups. You looked around wondering who's your groupmate. Then you saw Kai, he was not moving in his seat yet.

"Oh Lord! Please not him!" You thought.

Then Stephanie and Macy approached him. "Kai oppa! What is your number?" They asked.

"5", he said. Then both of them screamed in happiness. "Omo! We are groupmates then?" They said.

Kai rolled his eyes. "I'm in hell!" He said.

You were then relieved. Then someone tapped your shoulder. You turned your back to face who is it.

"What's your number?"Suho asked.

"I'm 9." You answered.

He took a deep breath. "Good! I'm 9 too. I thought I was alone." He said.

"Me too. I was looking around. So were the group with only 2 members then?" You asked.

"Yeah. Let's then get our topic." He said as both of you went to Ms. Kang's desk in front.

Chanyeol saw the two of you. He remembered again the day he saw you and Suho after the Club Fair. Feelings of jealousy crawling in again. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, then he noticed that he was looking at you and Suho.

"Jealous?" Baekhyun asked Chanyeol giving him an intriguing look.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, shocked. "Am I too obvious?" Chanyeol thought he looked tense.

"No I am not jealous! Minnie is only my friend okay? And you know I already like someone Baek!" Chanyeol defended.

Baekhyun laughed and rubbed Chanyeol's back. "I know, you're too defensive man. What I mean is that its sad that Minnie is not with us. I hope I was in Suho hyung's place." Baekhyun said as he pouted his lips.