Chapter 48: Haiku

As you entered you room the next day, the tension you felt as you walked towards your seat was the same during your first day of class. You looked at D.O and he gave you a smile. Then your eyes averted to an empty seat, Kai was absent.

Suddenly Ms. Kang entered the room and announced that your field trip will be next next week so she distributed the waiver forms to all of you. All were excited for the trip.

It was lunchtime and so you decided to ate alone. After what happened yesterday, you thought that it might be good to stay away from them. But actually deep inside, you really miss them. It has been a month that you were avoiding to eat with them since you are avoiding Chanyeol but now you have to isolate again yourself because of the tension yesterday.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were having lunch together. They both spotted you eating alone but Chanyeol immediately returned his focus on eating his food. Baekhyun couldn't withstand seeing you like that.

"Ya! Chanyeol!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

Chanyeol looked at him. "What?"

"Until when are you gonna avoid her?" Baekhyun asked.

"I actually don't know. The pain is still here." He replied as he pointed his finger to his chest, referring to his heart.

Baekhyun hissed. "Yeah I know. But right now, I can see that all she needs right now is her best friend. She needs you." Baekhyun replied.

"After what happened, I don't think we are best friends anymore." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun rubbed his temples. He was actually thinking that Chanyeol was just being prideful and it was annoying him. He sighed.

"But you can be best friends again! Oh c'mon Park Chanyeol, yes you have feelings for her but it doesn't change the fact that from the very start you are her best friend. After what happened yesterday, I know she was deeply hurt. Don't you miss her?" Baekhyun asked.

"Baek, if you only know how I miss her so much. How I wanted to be with her, to comfort her and hug her tight. I miss her so badly. I miss Minnie. But how can I do that? She rejected me?" Chanyeol responded.

Bakhyun held firmly Chanyeol's shoulder. "She only rejected your feelings for her but she never rejected you as a person, your totality. And she never rejected your friendship. I am telling you this for the very last time, all she needs right now is her best friend. Arraso?" Baekhyun said.

But Chanyeol did not reply.

"Fine! Then I guess, she needs to find a new one." Baekhyun said as he stood and brought his lunch with him and went to your table.

Chanyeol was there left alone as he watched Baekhyun.

You were shocked when Baekhyun sat beside you. You looked at him.

"Hey Min Na-ah! The way you look at me right now, it appears like you had seen a ghost." He said as he pouted.

"You are not mad at me?" You inquired.

He ruffled your hair. "Of course not. Why should I be mad at you? Besides I miss you." Baekhyun said.

You smiled. You were glad to know that you still have Baekhyun and he's not mad.

"I miss you too Baekhyun-ah." You replied.

Then both of you exchanged smiles and continued eating while talking with each other.

Baekhyun glance from the table where Chanyeol was, but he was already gone.

-------------------------------------------------------