Chapter 39: Lucky

As you opened your eyes, you found yourself lying on your bed. Your head aches and you couldn't move your body because you felt weak.

"Min Na, how are you feeling?" You turned your head to your side. It was your mother asking you, her face was so worried as she squeezed your hand.

And you realize that she was not just alone. Behind her was your father, Cho Na and Kai.

"Kai? Why you're here?" Your voice almost croaked.

"Honey, you've got a high fever. Good thing Jong In brought you immediately home. I was so surprised that he was your classmate." Mrs. Han said.

Kai sat at the side of your bed. "I was also surprised that she was your mom." Kai added.

You looked at the both of them. "Wae? You know each other?" You were shocked.

They both nodded. But you were still dumbfounded.

Mrs. Han and Kai just chuckled.

"Well, I guess we should let him and Kai talked first." Mr. Han suggested.

Mrs. Han stood up as she kissed your forehead.

Cho Na also went to your side and held your hand.

"Eonnie get well arraso?" She said then she looked at Kai. "Oppa, take good care of eonnie. You are a good boyfriend." She added.

You were flabbergasted with her words. "Cho Na-ah!" You blurted.

Kai smiled and ruffled her hair. "Ne yeodongsaeng. I will take care of her."

Then your father also kissed your forehead. "Rest well my Min Na-ah."

Then all of them left the room while you were left with Kai. He was still wearing his suit from last night.

"Why are you still here? You should go home and take some rest also Kai. I'm going to be fine." You said.

"Because I promised your little sister to take care of you." He smiled as he brushed away your fringes from your face. As you stared at Kai's face, he looked so concern at you. He was truly a different person now.

You smirked. "Yeah right. My sister is crazy, she thought you were my boyfriend." You said.

"Why? You are so lucky. You are a lucky girlfriend if that happens." He said teasingly.

You poked his knee. "Crazy!" You exclaimed.

Then you suddenly became serious. You actually could not recall what happened last night. "Can you now please tell me, what happened to me last night? Because the last thing I knew was that I was talking to Andrew then I lose consciousness." You said.

He sighed as he looked in your eyes. "Min Na-ah, from now on promise me that you will stay way from that guy and that you will never ever talk to him anymore."

You were confused. "But why?"

"Just promise me. Please." He said.

"I promise." You replied. You don't know why you agreed with him but it felt like you could trust him on this after all the things he had done on you.

"Good." He said as he reached out your blanket and tucked you in.

"Now rest okay?" He said as he leaned close his face to yours.

"But you didn't answer my question..." Before you could finish your words he put a finger on your lips.

"Shhh. Don't think about it for now." He replied.