Chapter 29: In Time

You came to school early because you need to talk to Lay. He was always a punctual guy as you already saw him seated in his chair as you entered the classroom. There were few people inside the room.

"Ni Hao Min Na-ah! You are early today." Lay greeted he flashed a smile.

His smile, he looked so innocent. "Good morning Lay! Yes, I'm early. Ahm can we talk?" You asked.

"Sure." He replied. You put down your backpack first to your chair.

Lay followed as you went out of the room. The two of you walked until you reached  the corner of the hallway near the stairs wherein there was a wide glass wall in which the full view of the soccer field could be seen.

"It's a nice day isn't it?" Lay said as the two of you were staring outside.

"Indeed it is." You replied and both of you smiled.

Then you turned and leaned your back against the wall. Lay also did. He was actually wondering what you would talk about.

"So what do you want us to talk Min Na?" He asked.

You were still finding the right words to say while Lay waited for you to speak.

"Ahm actually, I know that I should've told this to Kai first but since I know that he won't listen to me, I thought to talked to you about this." You said as you sighed and continued, "Most students who send their suggestions wrote that they wanted a performance from some of the Club Presidents and officers for the Night. I thought that it was nice idea. Now I was hoping that it would be great to see you and Kai perform a dance number."

You looked at Lay, he gave you a smile.

Kai was walking upstairs, on you way to your room. He saw that you and Lay looked liked having a serious conversation. He was just planning to passed by and just to ignore the two of you but he halted when he heard his name mentioned on your conversation. He went aside to hid and eavesdropped.

"For me, it's really okay Min Na. BUT with Kai, I don't think he wanted to. Though I could perform solo, I respect Kai. He is our President. However, I would still try my best to convince him." He said.

"I know. I was expecting to hear that from you. Kai is such a bigot. He would only stick to what he only wants. I really don't get him. Why won't you switch positions instead?" You asked.

Kai didn't like what you've said. He was pissed off that he wanted to confront you right away but he clenched his fist to contain his anger.

Lay held both of your arms so you could face each other. "Min Na, as I told you I respect Kai. Even I am older than him, I respect him not only because he's the President of the club but also as a friend. Just please be understanding to him, I know its hard for you to do so. But don't worry you may not understand him now, but in time you will." Lay answered. You looked into his eyes and you saw his sincerity.

Meanwhile, Kai clearly heard all Lay's words. He was surprised. He shook his head. "There's no sense in listening to their conversation." He thought to himself as he walked down the stairs and went away.

"I'm sorry for my words. Kai must have realize how lucky you are to have as a friend. I guess at least I tried right?" You replied.

Lay nodded. Then he patted your head. "You are also a good friend Min Na." He said as both of you smiled.

"Thanks Lay! Come on, let's go back to our classroom!" You exclaimed as you dragged him along.

------------------------------------------

You were spending some time alone at the pavilion. You thought about Lay's words to you about Kai. It was like the same words that Sir Lee told you.