The Chase Ch. 9

Thad's P.O.V

I watched in disbelieve as Enoch walked out and shut the door behind him. Was he really serious? Was he leaving me here alone with her? This was awesome! I turned around to where Ginger stood defiantly behind me, her arms crossed tightly over her chest.

“So, how ‘persuasive’ do you think you can be?” She mocked me. She really thought she could outsmart me? I had her up against the back wall by her wrists in three seconds flat.

“Oh, I can be very persuasive,” I purred in her ear, rubbing the inside of her palms with my thumbs.

“Thad…” she sounded half mad and half pleased. Then she seemed to snap out of a daze and started struggling, but I wasn’t about to let her get away.

“Don’t struggle,” I whispered to her while taking in a deep breath, “I know you like it. I can smell it on you,” I started at her shoulder and kissed my way up to the gentle curve of her neck. Her pulse was beating out of control, and it took every ounce of control I actually had not to bite her then and there.

“Thad…” she said with a little bit of a moan as I licked at her skin. I looked at her and smirked.

“What, is that all you can say?” I knew I was the one in control now. She looked a little angry, but she still didn’t manage to say anything.

“It’s okay you don’t need to talk,” I pulled her down to the floor and pinned her by her shoulders. I leaned over her and roughly kissed her on the lips. To my surprise, she actually kissed me back almost as roughly. I felt her hands wrap around my neck and her fingers twirl around in my hair. I let out a deep growl and lifted up her shirt a little, trailing my fingers slowly over her stomach.

“Well well, looks like someone’s horny.” I jerked my head up. Donovan leaned casually in the doorway, his face stern. Why hadn’t I heard him coming in?

Ginger shifted uncomfortably underneath me, so I let go of her shoulders and stood up.

“What on Earth are you doing here?” I tried to keep my cool as I took Ginger’s hand and pulled her up.

“The old man sent me to get you guys before it got too steamy in here,” he said while looking at the floor.

“Is she okay?” Luke’s head popped up in the doorway.

“As okay as she’ll ever be with the bloodsucker around her,” Donovan scoffed and walked away. Luke just kind of stood awkwardly in the door way while we walked over to exit. I looked over at Ginger to see that her face was flushed with pink and her eyes were studying the floor. I hadn’t meant to embarrass her.

I tried to grab her hand but she nervously pulled it away. I felt a little disappointed but decided to give her some space after what just happened. Even though she wouldn’t touch me, she still didn’t leave my side.

“So, do you know what you’re going to do yet?” Enoch said as we walked up him. I noticed Luke and Donovan exiting the room. Had he told them anything?

“I…don’t know,” Ginger said looking away.

“No,” I said defiantly, “I won’t hurt Ginger.”

“What if it’s what I want?” she said beside me.

“Is it?” I challenged her. She breathed out beside me.

“No, I don’t think so…” she trailed off. Enoch handed her a vial of something and she rolled it around in her palm, still looking distant.

“It’s nearly nightfall so prepare to go help your friend. Take Thaddeus with you for extra protection. When you’ve made your decision, you are welcomed back here if necessary.” Ginger nodded and slipped it into her pocket.

“Thank you Enoch,” she said and quickly scurried out of the door. I followed close behind. Luke and Donovan were lying against the wall in the main room, holding their guns close by. The vampires were getting restless as the light in the room faded. It was almost time for them to leave to hunt.

“We’re about to leave so get ready,” Ginger told them. They nodded and stood up, Donovan drawing a second gun out.

“The bloodsucker’s not coming with us, is he?” Donavan shot a glare at me.

“I am,” I smiled at him, just for spite.

“Well that’s just fantastic, isn’t it,” he muttered while reloading his gun.

“And there won’t be any fights, isn’t that right?” Ginger interjected while placing her hands on her hips. We both nodded quickly.

All four of us walked over to the front door, the screams of the night already filling the air. We mentally prepared ourselves for whatever might happen, and stepped out into the nightly bloodbath.