Chapter 5

Kellin's POV:
I run out of the cafeteria filled with anxiety. I have to get out of here. I try finding the closest door that leads outside and not just a classroom but it's like I've totally forgot how to find my way around in the building.

I keep running through the corridors, luckily they're empty since all the students are having lunch.

My mind wanders back to the cafeteria. All the people staring at me like I'm crazy because I fell. Did they hear what Vic and I were saying? Did they know that I fell because Vic tried to force me into eating? Do they know why I didn't want to eat?

More memories comes back to me. Memories of when my eating disorder was at the worst and I was put in hospital. Memories of people staring at me when I came back to school. Memories of Justin. How his friends looked at me when they saw me for the first time after what happened. Smiling evily at me.

I start running again, desperate to find a fucking door. It's even harder now when my vision is all blurry. I hadn't even realized until now that I'm crying but I am. I am crying hysterically.

I turn a corner only to run straight into someone. The both of us grunt before I feel them wrapping their arms around me and I recognize them as Vic's. I cry into his shoulder as I try to calm down my breathing.

"Kells, it's okay. Scch, it's okay," Vic tells me. He runs his hand over my head in attempt to calm me down. I'm surprised when it actually works, my breathing gets steadier even if my body still is shaking.

Vic adjust our bodies so we can sit down on the floor, all the while making sure he's still holding me. He leans his back against the wall and pulls me onto his lap.

We stay there silent for probably ten minutes. None of us saying anything. Vic has his left arm wrapped around me in a comforting way and his right one is moving up and down my thigh, actually making me feel calmer.

"Can we go somewhere else? I don't want to be here when the corridor fills with students."

"Of course. I can take you home if you want me to, or I can take you to my place." Vic says and helps me up from the floor.

"Are you suggesting us ditching?" I ask him in disbelief.

"You don't seem to be in a place where going to class seems like a good idea and I want you to be okay. We'll only miss a few classes and I think it will do good for you."

"Okay," I whisper. Vic gives me a sad smile before taking my hand in his and we head out from the school building.

We decided to go to Vic's place instead of mine simply because I like it there. It feels safe. After a quiet drive we enter Vic's house and head straight to his bedroom. I plop down on his bed and Vic lays down next to me taking me into his arms.

"I'm sorry about the cafeteria Kells," he says while tracing patterns with his fingers down my arm.

"It's okay, I get why you did it. I just.. I have a hard time eating sometimes, especially around people."

"Would I be stepping some kind of boundaries if I asked why?"

"I used to be sick. Eating disorder. I was put in hospital at one time and I'm still in a kind of healing process from it."

"I'm sorry. I hate how you have gone through so much shit. You don't deserve it." Yes I do.

Saying that I deserve it would probably worry Vic too much so I keep the thought to myself. Instead I change the topic and we spend the upcoming hours talking about all kinds of random topics.

*

Vic swipes his thumb across my cheek while staring into my eyes.

"You're pretty." I feel myself blushing at his comment and look away from his gaze.