Chapter 7

Vic's POV:
"That was a total different situation! You were trying to jump in front of a car for fuck's sake!" I yell back at Kellin. The second I do so I regret it as I see his eyes starting to water again.

"I'm sorry Kells, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to sound so harsh." I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his small frame and that's when I feel him starting to cry again.

"I'm sorry that I did that.." Kellin whispers into my neck where his head is resting.

"I would say it's okay but it really isn't. Kells please let me tell your parents, they have to know about this. Otherwise I will never dare to let you out of my sight and I don't want you to get annoyed with me."

"I know you want to tell them but I can't take that, every time I've tried they've looked so hurt and disappointed, I can't have them look at me like that again."

I sigh deeply, torn about what I should do. I want to listen to Kellin and do as he asks me to but I feel that his parents need to know about what happened for his own safety.

"Kellin, how many times have you tried before today?" I ask him, scared of hearing the answer.

"Te," he mumbles into my shirt.

"Huh?"

Kellin removes his head from my shoulder but we keep our arms wrapped around each other. He looks down nervously, biting on his bottom lip and if it wasn't for the serious topic then I would have made a move because he's so hot when he looks innocent.

"Three, I've tried to kill myself three times.." Oh hey look, there's that stabbing pain in my chest again. How nice.

"I'm so sorry baby," I say, really not knowing what else I should tell him.

"Come on," I say, leading Kellin over to the bed. I sit down before pulling him down to sit on my lap.

"I like it when you call me baby," he giggles placing his soft lips on mine.

"I like it too.. My baby. Like a small child, that's extremely attractive."

Kellin snorts loudly at my thoughts that I shared out loud.

"Vic I know that probably didn't  sound as bad in your head but promise me you'll never say that again."

"Okay fine, I promise I'll never say that again," I agree with a chuckle.

"Can you promise to never attempt suicide again?" I ask Kellin. My question is followed by silence, and then a shaky breath.

"No..."

I sigh at his answer, definitely hoping for a different one than I got.

"I'm sorry but I can't, I don't want to break a promise that I've made to you."

"I understand, I think. Just know that you'll be okay darling. I'll make sure you are, I'll always make sure that you're okay," I say, pressing my lips to his head.

"How can you still want to be with me? Seeing how fucked up I am and not leave me?" Kellin whispers, sounding so small.

"You're not fucked up Kells. You are going through a tough time and you have been through hard things, you're strong."

"Thank you, although I don't feel very strong sitting in your lap crying.."

"Well you know what they say baby, people don't cry because they are weak, they cry becaude they've been strong for too long."