Chapter 11

(I have no idea how things like this works irl so if something's incorrect, remember that this is fiction so shh)

Kellin's POV:
I'm standing in the court room shaking with nerves. Vic is in here and so is Justin, today their sentences will be decided and I don't think I've ever been this nervous before.

The judge calls my name making me snap out of my thought and I walk with wobbly legs over to the podium where I'm supposed to stand while I give my statement on what happened five nights ago.

Vic gives me a small and an encouraging nod and smiles my way, making me feel a bit better. I take a deep breath before telling the story of what happened at the party. I also tell the judge about Justin raping me. As I do I hear my mom and dad gasp in shock. I understand that it comes as a shock for them since I never told them about it until right now.

After I'm done the judge tells me I can return to my seat where my parents immediatly starts asking me questions about why I didn't tell them about what Justin did to me. Why I instead had lied and said I willingly had sex with him and then he left me.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know how to tell you guys the truth. Also, I don't really want to talk about it right now."

They both nod in acceptence and my mom carefully reaches over to hug me. I hug her back just as carefully because of her broken rib, she was only released from the hospital yesterday and I don't want to hurt her.

After leaving my statement Vic and Justin does the same, Vic telling the truth even if it involved him hitting Justin and well Justin, he lied. According to him I wasn't trying to stop him, which is complete bullshit. I even think I saw the judge roll her eyes at that which will probably be a good thing for me.

When all three of us have told the judge what happened from our own point of view she leaves the room along with the jury do discuss the crime and give Vic and Justin their sentences.

*

An hour or so later the judge and the jury comes back into the courtroom and my hands start sweating again. If I am this nervous about what's gonna happen to Vic I can't even imagine how nervous he is, he's the one getting charged after all, not me.

The judge bangs her club at the little piece of wood to silent down the room. After everyone has stopped chatting with each other she clears her throat and starts talking.

"We will begin with Mr. Justin Hills sentence. After hearing the stories from Mr. Bostwick and Mr.Fuentes along with other witnesses who were at the crime scene when the second crime took place we find Justin Hills guilty. Mr. Justin Hills will be charged for sexual assault of a minor and rape which together gives him five years in jail," she finishes and I feel as if such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The karma that has been missing out on Justin for such a long time finally caught up to him and is kicking his ass.

But some of the weight is still there though, because I don't know what'll happen to Vic yet.

"As for Mr. Victor Fuentes we find him guilty of abuse towards Justin Hills. But because of the fact that it was in defense, though not his own he will recieve a light sentence only. He is also underage and therefore he will be charged with two months of community service," the judge wraps up her speech.

The weight that was left is lifted off my shoulders as I hear those words and see Vic's face lighting up as his family all wrap their arms around him in a big family hug.

"What the fuck! Two months of community service! Are you kidding me, that's nothing!" Justins booming voice is heard throughout the room. At the sound of his harsh voice I move closer to my mom for the feeling of safety, something I might finally be able to feel now that Justin's going to be locked up for years.