Chapter 12

Vic's POV:

Community service isn't actually as bad as I thought it was going to be, these past two weeks have gone by pretty fast. In no time two months will have passed and I can spend all my free time with Kellin. The thought of my boyfriend immediately puts a smile on my face. I have to call him when I get my next break.

I check the watch around my wrist and see that it's only five minutes left until next break, meaning I've been working for about an hour already.

"What's got you all smiley over there Fuentes?" I hear a voice ask me, the voice belonging to Ronnie Radke. He's also here picking up trash as community service, I think he got into a fight at a party just like me.

"Nothing special, just glad I can call my boyfriend soon when we get off for out break," I tell him. He and all the other guys here knows I got a boyfriend and not a girlfriend, thankfully they're all completely fine with it.

"It was him you fought for, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, some douche tried to rape him while he was drunk," I say and feel anger flowing through my body at the mention of what Justin tried to do to Kellin.

"Woah, so he was sexually assaulted or what?"

"Yeah.."

"Vic.. He's not home alone is he?" Ronnie asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, he is.." I trail of towards the end of my sentence.

"Dude! You can't leave a person who has gone through that all alone! Who knows what they'll do!" he shouts and I realize Ronnie is right. I shouldn't have left Kellin alone.

I drop the trash bag I'm holding before sprinting away over the street and towards Kellin's house. Shit, shit, shit how could I be so stupid?! He's struggling depression for fuck's sake and Justin tried to rape him again recently, that must have brought back all the memories from the first time it happened.

In five minutes I have reached Kellin's house which luckily isn't locked. I rush inside sprinting up the stairs and into his bedroom finding nothing but emptiness. It's when I see light seeping out from the crack under the bathroom door that my heart starts racing even worse than when I was running only seconds ago. On the floor I also see a piece of shattered glass.

I hurry over to the bathroom once I finally come to my senses and walk in to the most horrifying sight I've ever had to see. Kellin's body is on the floor along with pieces of broken glass and blood. In his hand he's still holding a razor blade and his whole left arm is covered with scars. On the bathroom counter an empty bottle of pills is standing.

"No, no, no, no, no! Kellin! You cant die!" I scream at the top of my lungs, tears streaming down my face.

I drag his body to the toilet and open the lid. "I'm sorry," I whisper to him before I put two fingers down his throat. I keep pushing my fingers further back until he finally throws up, hopefully getting at least some of the pills up. With shaky hands still covered in vomit I dial 911 and hit call.

The woman asks me what my emergency is and I yell it to her in a shaky voice and gives them the address. She tells me to try keeping him alive before they get there and then we hang up. I bend down to listen after breaths coming out of Kellin's mouth and finally I hear them, but they are extremely weak.

I move him over to the  toilet once again in hopes that he can throw up more pills. After a minute long attempt he finally does so. I search through all the drawers in the bathroom until I finally find some alcohol to clean off the cuts with before wrapping Kellin's arm tightly with bandage.