Chapter 2

He groaned, hand reaching to massage his throbbing  temples to relieve some headache from the hangover of the last night. It had always been worse for him, the hangover he got from the drinking too much, he forgot the count by the time he opened third bottle made him feel like his head would explode into pieces. He folded arm behind his head as his eyes stared at the ceiling of bedroom. White sheets were wrapped around his legs, sticking to his sweaty skin and revealed the hard lines and ridges of the muscles of his abdomen. Bare chest covered in the sheen layer of sweat rose and fell at his breathing tempo. He smelt of sweat and sex, so did the sheets of his bed, the second scent made him scrunch his nose though he shouldn't be feeling disgusted at the smell reeking off his body and bed sheets. He sighed and craned his neck to look at the brunette sleeping next to him, her naked torso and breasts were pressing into his side and the sight of her her made him scoff. He pulled aside the sheets and cold air met his naked form . He silently got out of the bed and poured himself a glass of water. His lips pressed upright as he took in her sleeping form, usually having 'his no strings attached', he would never sleep with the same girl twice and the girls knowing his one night deal leave earlier than he woke up. But tonight, he broke his rule of sleeping with the same girl from last week and unfortunately, happened to wake up earlier than the leaving time he had given her. He stepped over their clothes and strap of her brasserie lying forgotten on the floor got into his toes. He groaned again, kicking up the black piece of his annoyance and tossed at the sleeping face of girl whose name he didn't remember, nor that he cared, both for not recalling the name of the girl whom he had slept twice and where the piece of undergarment landed. If he hadn't felt the need of having a shower to clean himself, he would have thought about taking a fantastic picture of her and pull it on her next time, if she tried to get her dirty hands on him again. He got underneath the shower, cleaning himself and hissed when the water cascaded down his back. He muttered curses at the brunette, who raked his back with her long nails and now he had to deal with this filthy pain. Sunday's night, it's Sam's turn to call party on the house where boys could have fun but it's not the kind of fun he thought he would get when he ran into one of the cheerleader and with the alcohol, he didn't care much who he's taking to his place.

He turned off the shower getting in clean trousers and sauntered back in his room. He was drying his hair with towel when his eyes fell on the sight that he least expected to see in his neighborhood. A blonde in ponytail was carrying the card boxes around the house, removing the tapes from the lips of boxes to unpack the stuff wrapped in cellophane. She pulled out a painting from the box and stood on the table to hang it on the wall of her living room. She was in black cropped top,revealing her belly button and black appendages that were tight in right place. When she bent over to adjust the frame of her painting, it accentuated her plump rear. He stood there, watching her movements in quite amusement that was entertainment to his sore eyes barely believing she could be an animated human. She happened to pass the huge window, when she immediately treaded backwards and looked in his direction with widened eyes.

"So Ms. Spectacles happens to be girl next door?" She said nothing in reply but stood there glaring at him and quirked eyebrow at him. He chuckled running fingers through his jet black hair, atleast she had given any reaction for the first time to him. The girl had never talked to anyone at school, let alone show some emotion on her face that never gave away what could be on her mind. He remembered the day, when the boys put bet on him to kiss the concerned girl wishing him luck if he could gauge a reaction from the emotionless or rather a faceless creature they used to refer her. He caught her at her locker and pressed his lips on her cool lips in front of half of the school, a shock to the most of the girls. When he pulled back to see her face awaiting a slap from her but he wanted to crack his skull open right there or punch Sam's face for even suggesting the idea because she stood perfectly calm and emotionless, looking at him unfazed. No punch, yells, curses or slap, even no glare or blush, nothing in reaction to his kiss. She took books from her locker and went past him nonchalantly. Now, she was glaring at him and he if hadn't wanted to miss that emotion on her pretty face, he would've pressed call to Sam telling him how he considered himself to be luckiest bastard alive.

"I didn't expect you to be living here", he walked outside on the balcony shirtless, catching cold was least of his worries now. The girl went back to her unpacking and furniture moving, pushing a red couch to the middle of room. She panted, putting her hands on her hips and  checked the angle of couch.

"Do you need a hand in moving furniture, Melanie?" She didn't give him a respond this time rather pulled the curtains close on the window shutting his view. He smirked at her and rested his elbows on the railing when he saw her entered her bedroom on the second floor. The house had wall length windows giving a good view to the insides of the house that she had bought.

"Why are you staying up late at 4?" He questioned her again hoping if could retort back with sarcasm by calling him 'Peeping Tom' or 'it's none of your business' but she simply closed the blinds at him. He sighed, smiling like an idiot to himself.

 Atleast, she was near to him.