Chapter 37

He darted downstairs to the basement and hid himself behind the corner of wall as he watched his sister go inside the basement searching out for him.He fisted his hand into hem of his night shirt, his frail frame trembled in anger at his sister for making Rohan her friend against his dislike. It felt unfair to him. He had met Rohan before his sister then why did he become friend with his sister instead of him? He slipped inside the basement room and picked up a crowbar from the discarded toolbox in the corner of room. He clutched it in his fist silently padding towards her sister who was calling out for him and came to stop right behind her. The girl shifted, sensing presence behind her and turned to face her brother opening her mouth to scold him for suddenly disappearing but the words died on the tip of her tongue when her her eyes fell on the rod he was clenching in his hand.
"Alan, what are you..." She back stepped from her brother in fear as he grimaced at her and inched closer to her raising the crowbar in the air and looked at her with tearing blue eyes.
"I'm sorry." He whispered a genuine apology before he pushed the crowbar inside her belly. The girl's eyes widened, going into shock she vomited blood from her mouth. She coughed when he twisted the rod inside her guts and pulled it out before sloshing it back inside her.
"I'm sorry, Laine" He chanted it again and again like a mantra, tears cascaded down his cheeks as he pushed the crowbar inside her belly brutally slashing her naval and splitting her abdomen open. He ripped the bar out and tossed it aside it horror staring at his bloody hands and back to the body of his sister dropped on the floor. He was standing in the pool of blood of his sister which was staining his feet and trousers and he dropped on his knees whimpering and closed his arms around his sister's body crying into her blond hair coloured red with her blood. He pulled her closer sobbing into her neck and started humming a lullaby that their mother used to sing to them before bed. He rocked her cold body in his frail arms, clinging onto her shoulders as blood seeped into his night pajamas and tainted them scarlet as he clutched her tighter to his chest.
"Sleep, Laine." He knew she's asleep safe and sound in his arms and Darren couldn't debauch her anymore against his cleansing. He would not be able to touch his Laine because he had sent his sister back to his parents. Alan cupped sides of her head and bent to press an innocent kiss on her bloodstained cheek as he hysterically cried into her shoulder, hand fisting into the blue nightdress in desperation to curl himself into her cold body to deny what he had actually done. He jolted back to himself when he heard the light footfalls on the basement steps and immediately recognized them who they belonged to. He wrapped his arms around her sister's shoulders and dragged her along with him in the corner of the room leaving thick trail of blood in its wake. He scurried into the corner behind the metal table and pulled her into his lap holding her closer to himself what appeared to be gesture of protection and possessiveness. The door opened revealing shocked Darren standing at the lip of steps upon the sight of blood before his eyes. An audible gasp escaped his mouth when he took in the gutted body of Melaine which Alan was cradling in his arms.

"What have you done, Alan?" He shouted in sheer horror and rushed to check on the girl. Alan, acting on his fight instinct, lurched forward to grab the alcohol bottle from the table and smashed it on Darren's face making him shout in excruciating pain. He held his bleeding face in his hands hissing, as shards cut into the tissues of his face which bought Alan time to ran out of the basement and locked the door behind him ignoring the shouts and curses of the elder male. He ran upstairs and momentarily halted in his steps in the lounge when maid shrieked in horror taking in his bloodstained clothes and he darted right out the house before she could get hold of him and jumped over the fence of backyard running into the thicket of trees that ran behind the mansion. He rubbed his puffy eyes with the back of his sleeve, smearing blood over his face in attempt to wipe the fresh tears in his eyes.
'I didn't mean to, Laine.' He didn't know where his trembling legs were carrying him but he knew if he didn't run they would catch up to him and beat him for killing his sister. He stumbled over the twig and his entire balance overthrew him as he rolled down the steep and landed into a pond. The owl hooted on a tree above him and he shivered because of the cold that seeped into his bones. He sobbed, whimpering as he hugged himself  being completely alone on his own in darkness. He felt something hot trickled between his legs and he realized that he got himself wet again, the shame of it instantly made him to clench onto his bladder to stop from wetting himself again. Torches flashed in the thicket of trees in darkness as men searched around for him with maid giving them direction where he could have run to and he immediately pushed himself on his feet to run out of woods into the deserted lane at the edge of trees. He heard a dog bark in distance, a sole reminder of his loneliness under the black night and he hurried into a dark street, climbing inside the dumpster bin to hide himself from the men and closed the lid of trash can. He pathetically curled into himself ignoring the rotting smell of fruit skins and vegetables peels, and cried out his eyes upon remembering the horrific events of night.