Chapter 20

"Why are we here?" Melaine asked Annie who had picked Melaine from the school and drove all the way to restaurant.

"We're seeing Frank", Annie unclasped her seat belt and got outside of the car going straight towards the restaurant followed by Melaine. Annie entered the restaurant through glass door and her eyes scanned the people before landing on Frank who was sitting with his soon- to- be fiancée. Annie headed towards couple's table and rapped her knuckles on the table gaining their attention.

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" Annie asked bitter sweetly looking from confused girl to the surprised face of Frank.
"Who's she?" The girl asked the male who was trying to contemplate the situation. She was in short copper halter dress that had deep plunge line; smooth pale skin with pink undertones unlike Annie's light olive skin tone that was few shades darker than hers. Ginger iron curled hair were resting on her bosom and a cross shaped pendant accentuated her breastbone, an elegant figure for a woman contrasted Annie's sharp and strong body, who's into buying cars and going to gym to tone her muscles.

"Frank you didn't tell her about me?" Annie added dramatic touch to her speech and held out her hand for the girl.

"I'm Annie, Frank's...old friend." She spared Frank a glance.

"Serena", the girl shook hand with Annie looking at the grimacing boy.

"What do you want, Annie?" The boy asked her irritated with her presence at their table.

"I'm just here to congratulate you guys for your engagement."

"Thanks." Serena smiled at Annie

"Frank, I must say you've found a golden fleece." Annie thumped Frank's shoulder.

"Excuse me?" Serena choked at the words.

"He's marrying you for your money to wipe his ass." Annie grimaced and Frank stood up hissing, "Do not create a scene here!" He spoke through his gritted teeth.

"Scene? What you did to me..."

"What's going on Frank?" Serena interrupted them and Annie turned her body towards the girl.

"He's using you as his ticket to your father's wealth in case you haven't noticed."

"What?"

"You're nothing to him except his trophy wife and a show piece of beauty to tell the world that he's got a blank checkbook in his hands and he can add all the fucking zeroes." Annie glared at fuming Frank.

"Don't drag Serena in this!" Frank spoke conscious of all the eyes on them.

"Why not?" , Annie crossed her arms demandingly, "It's all about her and has a right to know". She mocked him.

"Look, don't waste yourself to be an arm candyfor a dick like him." Annie placed hands on the table and bent over, "You still have time."
She turned to leave but not before slapping Frank right across his cheek whose sound rang in the silence of restaurant.
"Your engagement gift." She took Melaine's wrist and went to their car.

"Do you want to go icecream parlor?" Annie asked the blonde girl who had been quiet throughout the ordeal and judging by her face, she appeared quited bemused.

"Is it a treat? Melaine quirked her brow at the girl.
"Yep, we're celebrating."
"I'll have two bowls then", Melaine flashed her grin. Both girls drove to ice-cream parlor and looked for the flavours before ordering.

"I'm having Coconut icecream", Melaine told Annie
"One coconut and a chocolate brownie." Annie ordered at the counter and carried their ice-creams bowls to table. Both girls settled and took mouthful of their ice-creams, enjoying the sudden brain freeze and bursting out in laughter.

"My stomach cramps are fucking killing me", Annie moaned putting spoon in her mouth.
"You're on crimson wave?" Melaine questioned blushing lighting.

"Yep and high as fuck", Annie pouted.

"Figures." Melaine chuckled.

"I thought you'd say I shouldn't have picked fight with my ex."  Annie shrugged scoffing icecream down her stomach, since cold always had soothed her cramps.

"No, I wouldn't. But you should've punched him."

"Nah, punching is manly, slapping him will make him realize that he's got no balls." Annie grinned wiping her mouth with tissue.
"Hurry up, we are ordering second bowl."
"Is it a race?" Melaine laughed raising eyebrow.
"Let's bring it on!"

Annie was digging in her Butter pecan while Melaine was trying to finish her cookie dough, enjoying the flavours that burst in their mouth.

"One bowl of Lemon Sombert and blue berry." Girls ordered again and Annie won the race in eating.

"You will die eating" Melaine joked finishing her bowl as Annie helped her in cleaning the bowl and licked her mouth.

"I still have room for another bowl". Annie thumped her slight protruded belly in contentment while eyeing more flavors.
"Oh my, congratulations for you baby." Melaine faked her voice like typical squealing women making other girl laugh.
"Thankyou", Annie put her hand on her heart.
"How far are you?" Melaine whispered leaning over the table.

"Three bowls and a half of yours."

Melaine was about to say something, when her eyes caught glimpse of Dan coming out of a shop with a cigarette carton in his hand.
"I'll be right back", Melaine told Annie before running out of the glass door towards Dan who made his way to his car. Melaine closed her hand on his arm and turned him around.
"Oh it's you, Rohan's neighbour." Dan smirked down at the girl.

"What were you doing with Rohan today?" She scowled at him

"And what was I doing?" He questioned stepping forwards invading her personal space.
"You're blackmailing him again, aren't you?" Melaine tugged at his collar of black shirt.

"Feisty are you. Didn't he tell you that he had been in drugs and got arrested for it?" Dan removed her hand off him.

"He doesn't have to tell me anything" Melaine seethed.

"Well he himself asks for my body, if it's hard for you to believe."

"You're playing with him" , she bared her teeth at him like a predator.

"He's a desperate piece of shit", Dan lit his  cigarette and blew a puff of smoke on her face making her cough. He settled behind his wheel and closed the door, when Melaine ran to him leering over the window.
"Do you want to know who's a piece of shit?" She questioned snatching cigarette from his mouth.

"September 13, 2004 a boy is rescued from his aunt's house..."

"Shut the fuck up!" He shouted at her and she leaned in to whisper something in his ear.
"You can't..."
"I know more than this, Dan." She threw cigarette on the ground and snuffed it with her shoe.

"Now, would you like me to break this all in school?"

"How much do you need to shut up?"

"Stay away from Rohan!"