Chapter 5

She closed herself in the closet. Eyes tightened shut with fear, hands clenching skirt of her dress.
Thud~
~Thud
'Ready or not I'm coming'.
Her whole body quaked, skin glistening with beads of sweat. A chilly sensation ran down her spine hitting her abdomen radiating back to her trembling shoulders made her shiver.

~Creak~

She heard herald of her own damnation slowly gradually approaching towards her
'Lord please help me!' She covered her mouth with hand when a squeak came out of her.And the sound of footsteps stopped. She could already vision him with a devilish crooked smirk that would always haunt her even when this nightmare would end or rather begin.

'There you are'

Lord please no!

She scrambled back into the corner, shrinking in fear. She wrapped trembling arms around herself as she curled into a ball. She could hear her heart pounding like a drum as if it would burst. Her breath hitched, heart skipped a beat when she heard he had opened the door.

'Found you'.

She slowly raised her head, eyes brimming with tears to watch her reaper.
'Now what are you doing hiding in the closet'?

Viper was about to prey.

Tears fell from her eyes as her whole body froze with fear.
'My! my!' He tsked
'Don't cry' She whimpered as he leaned forward licking her tears with his sinful tongue.
'You know I hate when you cry... His hands roamed at her back to find zipper of her pastel frock before pulling it down.

'You know you are to be punished'.

She let out a heart wrenching scream when his nails digged into the scars on her back...The nightmare of 'her' sufferance shifted to where Melaine, limped towards the stairs of basement hands leaving trail of bloods on the wall in their wake. Feet carpeted floor with crimson dots. He would tie 'her' with shackles, in chains on a cot in the centre of basement. He would play just an innocence game of rape, draw art on 'her' body with razor. He would paint the walls with 'her' blood, music of ' her' screams celebrate his pleasure and filled the ears of scared Melanie...

Melaine woke up screaming covered in sheen layer of her sweat with hair plastered to her forehead and neck .She blinked back her eyes ,adjusting to the darkness of room and it took her few minutes to realize that she was in her own bedroom; ironically, in the confinement of four walls of her house yet, safe and sound. She heard the rush of blood roaring in her ears; erratic hammering of  heart against her ribs, that gave a throbbing heartbeat to her ears, almost had jumped up in her throat and Melaine, felt as if she would vomit out her blood. She clenched at her shirt taking deep breaths; inhaling and exhaling in attempt to calm herself down from hyperventilation. The nightmare, a farthest memory from her past life made her to relive it again; enduring the pain and horrifying torture that raised goosebumps on her naked arms in fear tormenting her mind. She removed the comforter throwing her feet on the white rug to stand on her trembling legs. But her balance gave away as a rush of vertigo hit her and she fell on her knees hugging her stomach. Melaine felt sick in her stomach; a bile rose in her throat making her nauseous and she pushed herself up rushing to the bathroom to throw. She emptied the contents of dinner from her stomach , leaning over the toilet seat and flushed it wiping her mouth with back of her hand. She ran the water to wash her  face and saw her reflection; broken and defeated, horrified and scared like the same child as that of years before.

 All your hands on me
I can't scream, I can't scream
I can't escape the twisted way you think of me.
I feel you in my dreams and I don't sleep.
I don't sleep.

Melaine stepped into a shower, not bothering to remove her sweaty clothes, and hugged her frame. She could feel someone out in the darkness of city; hunting her. Pitch black eyes of wolf was upon her, molesting her from the shadows waiting to lurch at his prey. The mere thought of him made her soul quiver and her lower lip wobbled before she burst out in tears that merged with the cascading water down her body. Melaine, remembered something and her eyes widened in fear. She ran out of the bathroom going to the attic where card boxes were kept. She started going through the boxes frantically and found the one which she had been looking for and took it downstairs to the kitchen. She knelt beside the box and removed the tapes from the lid. She opened the box and pulled out old pictures with her trembling fingers, of 'her' and 'his', touching ' her' with her fingers as tears threatened to spill from Melaine's eyes. She looked through the old pictures of herself that were taken at her last school in another city and she knew what she had to do, to burn her past years and identities of 'him' and 'her'. She took a tin bin from the corner and dumped all the pictures of them in it. She ignited the matchbox, biting her lips and mouthed 'I'm sorry to' to 'her' and threw it in the bin burning their pictures.
"I need to protect myself", Melaine whispered when fresh hot tears rolled down her cheeks. She dumped the ashes in the sink, running water from tap to drain them down to sewerage pipes. Melaine laughed, wiping her mouth for she knew that there's no evidence left of 'who she really is', no one would know and he would never be able to get to her.

I can't save your life,
Though nothing I bleed for is more tormenting.
I'm losing my mind and you just stand there and stare as my world divides.

She walked back into her room standing in front of the mirror examining herself;  soaking wet after the shower with white shirt sticking to her body.'He still has power over my mind'. She seethed through her clenched teeth and touched her face, blond hair like 'her' and same brown eyes, Melaine felt sick for stealing 'her' face but she had to do this for herself. Because no matter where she went, she couldn't run away from the haunting memories'...His breath so near to her ear and she could almost... No! He isn't there'. She turned to look out of her window towards his house. Melaine smirked to herself. She came out of her house, still dripping wet and stood underneath his room's balcony outside of his house. She sneaked inside his room through the balcony that she had managed to climb through rain drainage pipe. Her eyes landed on his sleeping form, lying on his right arm shirtless.

You don't know me, now or ever

She treaded towards the foot of his bed, and slowly descended herself on it crawling towards him on her four eyeing him. She lay down next to him, facing him as her head touched the pillow. She leaned closer hiding her face in the crook of his neck and inhaled his musky scent mixed with sweat. She brushed her lips on his pulse point, pressing a kiss on his tender flesh and put arm around his torso trailing her fingers down his spine. She nipped, sucking at the base of his neck closing her eyes, and smirked against his skin when his muscles flexed underneath her touch.

Say you belong to me,
My snow white queen.
There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.
Soon I know you'll see,
You're just like me.
Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you

PS: Song "Snow white Queen" from Evanescence