Chapter 7

A Black haired beauty walked in the shadows under the dark canopy of trees in the late hours of night. Her arm was linked with a young man, more appropriate to call him a handsome boy no younger than herself. The black haired girl was dressed in a red evening short dress and high heels which showed that the couple was out on date, now taking midnight stroll after a fancy dinner at a restaurant enjoying evening and making toast for many more nights to come. He had his arm around his waist pulling her body near to him and she rested her head on his shoulder putting her right hand on his chest.
"Did you enjoy tonight?" He asked in low husky voice and took her right hand in his giving it a light squeeze as he pressed a kiss to her hair inhaling her scent.
"Nathan, it's the best night of my life." She turned to lock her arms around his neck and leaned in closer kissing him sweetly which he eagerly return.
"The night hasn't ended yet", he whispered pulling back and tapped her shoulder asking her to turn around. Her grey orbs widened at the beautiful sight of fountain lights; illuminating her face and night with the blue, pink and violet colours. She squealed hugging him in rib breaking manner before she removed her heels and ran straight towards the fountain spray. He smirked at the girl who was twirling around in the water spray and danced like an excited child.
"Nathan, I love you!" She shouted back pulling back her wet locks from her face and hugged herself. He bent down, his hand reaching for his sock, oblivious to her, and pulled out a dagger eyeing the girl whose back was at him. Nathan, slowly walked towards her wearing his transparent gloves and hid the dagger behind his back when he approached her.
 "I love you too", he placed his hand on hip tugging her closer and pressed a kiss underside her jaw.

Rohan entered the night club sliding in through the glass door and thick smell of smoke and alcohol met his nose putting him at unease that once had long drugged his senses and blood . He could practically taste the smoke on his tongue, that made his eyes roll back in his sockets as he took a deep inhale and he reminded himself of how he missed the bitter taste of it that burnt the tip of his tongue; if only he wasn't a masochist, else who could get a turn on through the cigarette between lips of men. Much to Sam's insistence, the younger boy had dragged him to the gay club to enjoy the night out for themselves, since, once in a while it's good to loose yourself a bit. Besides, Rohan thought he needed it himself too and buy him distraction from the blonde who was taking over his senses. The dimmed neon lights of the club revealed the male strippers, taking off each item of clothes one by one, showing their toned chest and hard abs putting a tease for the sore eyes of men. He flopped down on a black couch taking in the body and flesh of male strippers, and he wondered what they else had yet to offer to their eyes. He noticed one of the stripper who had just collar and tie on him along with suit cuffs on his wrists that should've been handcuffs, he preferred to his taste. The boy, had well toned up muscles covered in sheath of sweat that glistened under the club nights and it stirred a raw desire in him to trail his tongue tasting the sweat off his body till his tongue longs for something more to take. The boy slipped his fingers in his belt, and he licked his lips in anticipation but the boy lowered it painfully slow for him putting him at the pain. Blood was rushing to his groin, waking his member at the sight of boy's massive size and he felt ashamed for being aroused for a male.
"Have this drink", the man sitting next to him offered a his drink with ice cubes. He nodded his head in gratitude and sipped the drink cooling his tongue. The man was in his early forties, well dressed in a black suit, hair slicked back, sharp features of his face and squared jaw.
"You're new here?" The man asked lighting his cigarette and blew out a puff of smoke.
"No... been here before many times", he replied, his eyes falling on man's broad lips and the way they closed around the base of cigarette.
"You're here on your own?" Rohan eyed the man and bent forward to snatch the cigarette from his mouth.
 "Not for long", he kept his eyes on man's face, holding his gaze and put cigarette in his mouth blowing smoke in the air. The man held his chin between his big hand and pressed his lips against his roughly. His back was pressed into the couch, as man hovered above him forcing his mouth, that tasted of smoke and scotch, toying with his tongue and massaged his thigh dangerously closer to his crotch. As if his mind had switched back to sanity, he felt the kiss so wrong in many ways, not that he wasn't enjoying him but his thoughts were straying back to the blonde girl that made him sick. He groaned, and pulled away from the man apologizing and made out of the club not waiting for the Sam. He wanted to go home, maybe a hot bath before going to bed that would be breaking another rule, but he had been breaking many others going for men and obsession of that nerd. Besides, didn't they say, rules are meant to be broken. He chuckled at the line whoever had come with this saying  must be the man whom life might have fucked up good. Rohan stuffed his hands in his pocket and kicked the empty can that was out of bin. He was about to take a turn when he felt someone grabbed him by collar from behind into the alley and smashed lips on him knocking the breath out of his lungs. Being caught by surprise, he choked out trying to push his assaulter off him but the grip was vice on his arms that were kept at his sides as soft lips worked on his mouth, alternating between sucking and biting. He managed to push back the person, if his mind already hadn't been clouded by drink and arousal, he would have kicked but he threw his fist in that person's direction that was blocked. The person had escaped back in the street and he ran after the person who had by then disappeared like a shadow in the night.

Melaine slid off the couch and went to pick up the ringing phone that had been going off for few minutes, disturbing her night peace of reading a book. She picked up the phone, bringing the receiver to near her ear but all she met was with dead silence from the other end. She put down the receiver and shrugged it off as wrong call or crossed line but the soon she turned around, the phone rang again. She eyed the phone before answering it again and cleared her throat.
"Hello?", she spoke waiting for her caller to answer, but the sound of heavy breathing from the other end sent her  body into frenzy of panic mode knotting ties in her stomach.
"Who...who is it?", her voice wavered, trembling, she clutched onto the receiver of phone. The breaths and heavy pants made her tremor with morbid fear.
'He has finally found her.' A silent tear escaped her eye, and she cut the phone slamming down the receiver. She stumbled back in the growing horror of knowing 'he has found her'. Sweat started leaking out of every pour of her cold shivering body and she jumped back clenching her heart when someone started banging at the door. She back treaded from there and rushed to grab knife from the kitchen holding it up in front of her. The banging continued, rattling the door at the hinges and her hand flew to hold back a choke of cry.
'This is the end of her'. She couldn't hold back her tears that were streaming down her face. The banging stopped and she took cautious steps towards the door breathing heavily. She heard the footsteps behind her and she knew 'he' was already inside the house. Her heart skipped a beat; a cold chill ran down her spine and fear of death pooled down in her belly when his breath fanned back of her bare neck. A touch on her shoulder, and she turned around slashing knife through his flesh shouting.
"Get away from me!" She screamed at him. Rohan held his bleeding hand, looking up at Melaine who was pointing knife at him.
"Melaine, it's me!" He held up his hands defensively and repeated himself again, trying to snap her out of her hysteria.
"It's me..." He whispered and she blinked at him lowering her knife.
"What...what are you doing here?"
"I knocked at the door but you weren't answering and I heard strangled cries so I got inside from kitchen's window to check if you're alright", he explained himself. Melaine swallowed hard and felt guilty for giving a cut to his palm.
"I-I'm alright sorry for your hand."
"I thought you'll cut my throat if I didn't act on impulse." She nodded apologetically and wiped sweat off her face with back of her hand. The phone rang again and she jumped back again pointing knife at the telephone. Rohan noticed her shaking form and went to answer the phone for her.
"Don't answer it!" She stopped him, pushing him away from the ringing telephone. He stared into her full blown brown eyes with glint of fear reflecting in them.
"What's going on?"
"N-Nothing", she stammered tearing her gaze.
"No, tell me what happened?" He insisted squeezing her shoulder and she got tensed under his touch.
"Go home!" She brushed his hand away.
"I'm staying here tonight." He sat down on the sofa, taking off his shoes and adjusted the cushion against the armrest.
"You don't need to..."
"I have to!" His words left no room for argument. She handed him first aid box. He dressed his cut, making a mental note to have it properly checked at hospital tomorrow and lay down on his couch pulling blanket over his form. When she checked on him that he fell into deep sleep and wouldn't wake up any soon, she dragged the chair from kitchen and set it in front of him. She sat on the chair, pulling her legs up in lotus position and clenched at her ankles watching him sleep. Her eyes fell on his parted lips and brushed the corner of her lips with thumb pad smirking.