Chapter 11

Melaine locked the door and tucked key inside her side pocket walking towards the main road, when Rohan stopped his car and lowered the side glass revealing his face.
"Are you walking to school?" He asked her and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him.
"Where else I'll be going this early?" She scoffed at the idea of him being funny that didn't amuse her a bit.
"Get in the car." She didn't like his demanding tone, it wasn't an order but not a request either.
"Why?" She stuffed her hands in her pockets giving him blank look of indifference and sometimes, he wondered if she had enjoyed playing with his temper.
"Because I'm driving to school and my car's tires are faster than your two legs." Melaine shrugged her shoulders and opened the door of backseat and settled inside the car.
"What's wrong with front seat?" He questioned ticking his finger on the steering wheel that she had always found irritating when 'he' used to do it and hated it to the point of breaking ' his' finger.

"Don't like sitting there and now drive. " She slammed her fist on the headrest and he frowned at the girl pressing his foot on the gas paddle driving to the school.

"Did you like birthday gift?" He looked at her in rearview who was staring out of the window hugging her backpack.

"Yeah...why bulbs?"

"I don't know it's like your face had spoken about bulbs' lights." He tried to explain himself. Melaine chuckled under her breath bitting her nail and met his gaze in the rearview .

'If only you knew what I want to do with you and bulbs'

"Your oblivion would be the death of you."

Rohan parked his car and Melanie got outside of the car slinging her bag on shoulder. They both noticed the police cars standing outside the school building and looked at Sam who came running in their direction.
"What's going on?" Rohan asked Sam who was trying to catch his breath.
"Jessica is murdered", Sam informed them panting heavily.
"What?" They both spoke simultaneously  exchanging a brief glance between them.
"Yeah, the police is here on investigation and they're interrogating Annie."
"Why she's being questioned?" Melaine  looked at him confused scratching her elbow.
"Hello lady, remember what happened last day?" Sam referred to the last day incident at the lockers room that gave police quite a reason to interrogate them. A cop walked in their direction and Rohan smirked at the young officer recognizing his face that had matured in years.

 "David?" He extended his hand out for him taking in his body in police uniform.

"It's Officer David on duty." He smiled back clasping his hand with Rohan.

"I thought we would meet under different circumstances. Can we ask you both few things regarding murdered victim?" They both nodded to him and were taken to side to be interrogated separately. Melaine was first to go through intense questioning by the Officer himself then it's Rohan's turn to be interrogated.

"We've been told that you got into fight with victim?"

"Yes because she pulled a dirty prank on Melaine." Rohan replied looking in Melaine's direction that didn't go unnoticed by the officer.

"It's been told that you tried to raise your hand at her, is it true?"

"I wouldn't lie that I tried not to." He answered honestly and made a mental note to thank Annie later for stopping him ruining her pretty face for her.

"I can see that you've a short temper."  The Officer took in his frowning face.

"If you're trying to say that I might have murdered her, sorry to inform you that I would never want to dirty my hands with her filthy blood", he replied curtly.
"Why?"
"The whore wasn't worth going to jail for." Rohan snickered as if he had cracked some joke for the young officer.