Chapter 22

Melaine was drawing random sketches of female body in her notebook while pretending a good listening to Professor Darren's lecture. He noticed her inattentiveness during his lecture, not that he found it offensive, but he appeared quite intrigued by her attitude in his class and upturned curve of his lips didn't escape Melaine's peripheral vision whenever he would look in her direction. Nevertheless, he didn't point her out unlike some conventional demanding teacher asking for her attention and she felt grateful for his consideration for letting her remain passive in the class little known to Melaine that it's passivity that unfortunately had grabbed his attention of her. Melaine's very cause of distraction had been the Darren himself who didn't ask for her attention. Yet, in some way, he had kept her engaged towards what he was speaking. Not the noted philosophy of words, but his heavy baritone voice that had been painfully straining her ears and she, for some reason, thought of him as an enchanter because his voice had an inexplicable effect on her and she wondered how close his voice had been in resemblance to one person. The bell rang and the class finally sighed aloud feeling relieved to their aching backs for sitting still to their last class.
"I want everyone of you to read the next chapter for yourself." Darren spoke to his murmuring students who were getting quite impatient to go home. Melaine tore the wasted paper from her notebook fisting it in a ball and stuffed it inside the side pocket of her bag. She picked up her bag back and gathered her books to leave after Rohan in a rush.
"How's your foot, Alan?" Darren asked collecting his papers from the desk.
"It's better than..." Melaine or rather Alan stopped midway upon realization of his impulsive response towards his forgotten name. Blood drained off Melaine's face in horror and she abruptly snapped her head towards Darren.
 "I'm glad to know that you're doing better than before."

It had been ruined for Melanie.

-
It was sudden cloudburst after the school and Rohan slowed down his car near Darren who had been walking in the rain holding his coat without umbrella.

"Darren, why are you walking out in the rain?" Rohan lowered the glass and took in the drenched form of the male. He noticed the soaked shirt of the man which was outlining his good shape; sharp ridges of his muscles and his hard nipples that were visible through his shirt.
"My car is in the repair garage. I'll get the cab...", Darren wiped the beads off his brow and caught Rohan taking in his form. Rohan's heated eyes met Darren's and he found the younger male appreciating shape of his body without any shame.

"I'll give you a ride", Rohan felt the nausea of 'De ja vu' but remembered  suddenly where he had heard those lines. Darren looked at the road ahead and pursed his lips in thoughtfulness as if measuring the distance he had to walk to get a cab out in the rain.
"You'll catch cold if you stay opened in the rain." Rohan smirked at the elder male. Darren opened the door to passenger seat and settled inside the car.

"Thankyou for giving ride to an old man", he chuckled turning on the heater.

"You aren't that old, Darren." Rohan commented pressing the gas paddle.

"I hope my student is not being sarcastic." Rohan flinched at the mentioning of word 'student' that reminded him again of his formal social relationship with the elder male but the very thought had stirred something embarrassingly thrilling inside him.
"We aren't in the school, Professor." He retorted back and Darren could taste the bitterness of Rohan's words on his tongue.
"Did it offend you?" Darren questioned in amusement.
"Do you have an age complex when you appear quite..."
"Fine to your eyes?"
"Yes, quite fine to my eyes." Rohan admitted without any mortification of guilt.
"Then I must apologize to you for my impudence."
"You're quite uptight, Professor." Rohan remarked
"Do you want me informal?" Darren enjoyed Rohan's boldness.
"Do I?"
"How much informality do you ask of me?" Darren sneezed and pulled out tissue paper from the box to decent himself.
"How much can you offer? As much of that club's night?" Rohan spared the man a glance and made a turn to his house.
"Only that much?" Darren chuckled biting on his thumbnail. He had never known that the things would get this much interesting than before.
"Why? You want to pull it farther than that?"
"If you submit application of request that then I'll have to consider it."
"Remind me to write you one." Rohan snorted shaking his head and pulled in car at his house.
"It's better if you change first at my place otherwise you'll catch cold", Rohan spoke retrieving umbrella from the back seat and thrusted it to Darren. Darren opened the umbrella and shared it with Rohan following the younger boy inside his house. Both men removed their shoes and socks at the door and Rohan showed Darren his father's room to change, that had not been in use for years after his death. Rohan had left his father's business to his paternal aunt for the time being till he will have completed his studies and would've been responsible enough to overtake his father's company. He had already inherited his property, as his only heir, and hold of his bank accounts that were more than enough to secure his future. It's matter of running his father's company and he knew he wouldn't be responsible person in years to come.