Chapter 23

Alan heard the squeaking of door from his sister's room and the boy sat up in his bed hugging his teddy bear. The thudding footfalls on the wooden steps from the basement in the silence of the house stirred the fear in his heart. The boy slipped out of his bed and took his teddy bear with him. He opened the door of his room and went to check on her sister whom he thought to be sleeping in her room. But the boy found her bed empty and padded towards the source of noises in basement room. He heard the muffled cries of his sister as he drew closer to the door and clutched his plush bear to his chest. Alan pressed down the lever of door handle but the door had been locked from inside. The boy heard another painful cry of his sister and immediately climbed back the steps to look through the ventilator and his eyes widened in horror at the disturbing sight of her sister struggling against 'him' on the table.  He was on top of her, half-dressed, his hand was over her mouth holding the crying girl down whose night gown had been ripped from the front and blood was flowing down her naked legs. He forced himself on the girl, making a throaty sound that sent tremors down the boy's body. Alan clenched at the face of his plush toy, digging his fingers in almost painful manner that tore the eye of his bear. The black bead rolled down the steps and hit the wall.

-
The doorbell of his apartment interrupted his paperwork and Darren put down the papers on the table beside his coffee mug and went to answer the door. He unlocked the bolt, opening the door and found himself quite surprised at the sight of his favourite student.
"Miss. Melaine?" He smirked in amusement at the blonde girl who looked straight in his eyes.
"I hope this is the correct address to meet you, Professor Darren." She spoke confidently holding her ground that he found interesting.
"It's a thought provoking what my student might be doing at this late hour." Darren's mouth lifted at its corner in a taunting appreciation of her standing alone at his door.
"Can I come inside, sir?" Melaine lifted her chin and uncrossed her arms but her tensed posture didn't escape his eyes.

 "I won't take your much time for my assignment." Darren narrowed his eyes at the girl and stepped aside letting Melaine to enter inside his small apartment. Melaine heard the door clicked lock behind her and she turned to face the man.
"You hold a good act of being an obedient student, Alan." Darren clasped his hands and circled around Melaine.

"I learned it from you ages ago." Melaine spoke through her gritted teeth and balled her left hand in a fist. Darren stroke Melaine's cheek with his thumb pad that made her flinch at his touch.

"I'm finally pleased to see, Alan." Darren leaned in to place a kiss on Melaine's cheek. Melaine grimaced and pushed him back grabbing his lapels.

"What do you want from Rohan?"
 Melaine scowled tugging at his collars.

"Where are your manners, Alan? Did I teach you this as your father?" Darren laughed removing Melaine's hands off him and placed his hands on Melaine's shoulders.

"You had never been our father!" Alan shouted at Darren.

-
Alan left from there horrified of the sight he had witnessed in the basement room and locked himself in his bedroom. The boy couldn't contemplate the situation entirely, but he knew what their foster father did to his screaming sister hadn't been normal touching and it's more than domestic abuse behind the locked door. The boy sat on his mattress, almost traumatized for his age at the disturbing thoughts that troubled his raw mind.

"Teddy, Father isn't a good person." The boy whispered to his bear holding onto his arms.

"He's a monster."

-
"You're a monster, Darren." Alan snapped snarling at the man who ruined their childhood for them. Darren grinned sauntering towards Alan and grabbed his chin roughly making the boy to look up at him.