Fourteen

•Michael's POV•

I run into the hospital and speed to the front desk.

"I'm looking for Gavin Free." I request, out of breath.

"One moment, please." the woman says.

She checks a filing cabinet, then checks a clipboard. She presses a button and begins speaking.

"You've got a visitor. Would you like me to send him up?"

I hear a muffled, scratchy "Yes." The woman directs me his way, room 386. Walk down the front hall, turn left, go up the stairs, blah blah blah.

I run down the hall, dodging the various nurses and doctors in the hallways.

After going up the stairs I see he room numberings. 378, 382, 384, 386! Gavin!

I burst in. Gavin smiles and leans against his pillows.

"Gavin." I begin, "I've been driving for four days. I finally found you!"

He puts his arms out, and I walk over and hug him. "I finally found you." I repeat.

"Micoo, everything's terrible without you. Look, I sprained my ankle!"

"Oh god, Gavin." I look at his swollen foot. Poor boy.

MY poor boy.

"Gavin. I missed you so much! It's not the same without you." The thought of the 'This is...' we did pops into my head again, and I start crying.

"I love you, Gavin. Your my boi." I say, gently.

"Your my boi, Micoo. Your my boi." he replies, hugging my tightly.

"I love you, Gavin." I repeat.

He's alive. He's okay.

He's mine.