Thirty-Five

•Gavin's POV•

As I walk into work, I can't help but think about the plane crash for some reason. It's weird to think that not too long ago, my life was in the hands of fate, and I had no control over life and death. And now, I'm alive and better than ever. I have a boyfriend, I have a great job, and I have tons of awesome friends, who I wouldn't hesitate to consider family. And I feel like the happiest person on the planet.

But I also think about all the people who didn't win the battle of fate. The entire plane full of people who died, people who could've had way more important, world-changing lives. And I survived.

Who let that happen?

It all makes me feel so grateful and special, and I know I have to make my life the best I can, because I want to be important and world-changing, too.

So as I hold hands with Michael and walk into the office full of my amazing family, I laugh and smile and imagine all the possibilities, because I won't be slowing down anytime soon. I sit at my desk and laugh with Michael and Ray, joke with Geoff about "The Mavin Incident" (which is apparently what Micheal and I fucking at his house has become), chat with Jack about GTA V stunts, and argue with Ryan about quarters. And I know that this one tiny, precious life that I have is making a difference. For all my friends, at least.

THE END