Chapter 23

"Why you not ready?" Amaru yelled from down the stairs.

"I had to pee. Hush." She yelled back.

Finally Damita walked down the stairs with her sandals in her hand.
"Dr.Anderson knows me, she expects me to be late." She rolled her eyes.

They walked out of the door and Damita put her shoes on in the car.
"You ready to see your family today?" Amaru asked.

"I guess, I don't know. I haven't seen them since Amari's first birthday party." She sighed.

"Speaking of birthday parties, our baby is about to be five, what we gone do for her?" Amaru asked.

"I don't know. I'll have to ask her what's she wants." Damita said.

"You alright baby?" Amaru asked placing his hand on her thigh.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous." She sighed.

"About the appointment or about seeing your family?" He asked.

"Both. I don't want anything to go wrong with either one. Something has to be wrong though if they requested that we come over."

"Stop thinking the worst baby. Everything is going to be fine okay?" He kissed her cheek.

She nodded her head and Amaru came and opened her door, so that she could get out of the car.

They walked hand and hand into Dr.Anderson's office and were taken to the back soon as they got there.

"I need to take your weight. Last time you came here, you were 7 months pregnant." Dr.Anderson laughed.

She stepped onto the scale and put her hands at her sides.

"You're 138.6. Not bad for your height." She said.

Once she was finished, they went into the ultrasound room.
Damita laid down and raised her her shirt up letting Dr.Anderson know that she was ready to see her baby.

She rubbed the probe around Damita's stomach until she found the baby.
"There's your baby." She said pointing at a little circle on the screen.

"Aww he so little." Amaru cooed.
"You are exactly 2 months and 1 week." She smiled.

"Damn so I didn't get you pregnant in Hawaii." He smacked his lips and Damita cut her eyes at him.

Wow I thought I was at least 3 weeks." She laughed.

"Your pregnancy symptoms must have started late, that's normal. Do you all have any questions, comments or concerns?" She asked.

"Is the baby healthy? We were kind of concerned because we lost our last baby, when she was about 4 months." Said a concerned Amaru.

"From the looks of everything, Damita and your baby are perfectly fine, but I could look at her charts and see what notes the other doctor left." She said.

"Yeah I would like to know." She said.

Dr.Anderson walked over to her computer desk and looked through her records.

"I see that you were prescribed Celecoxib, do you remember what that was for?" She asked.

" It was for back pain, if I'm not mistaken." Damita pondered thinking if that was correct.

"How long did you take it?" Dr.Anderson asked concerned.

"About three to four weeks. I stopped taking it after I lost the baby." She said.