Chapter 38

"Is she okay?"Angie asked speeding through the hospital doors.

"What's wrong?"She asked, grabbing Amaru's hand and holding it, he was crying.

"I just feel like this is my fault. I pressured her into having another baby, knowing what happened last time. Now there's chance she can lose them too. What if we're not okay after this."He sighed.

"Calm down. Tell me what the doctor said."She said calmly.

"He said that he had to get some ultrasounds to see what's going on and if there's an emergency he would have to induce her labor or give her an emergency c-section. That's what they told her last time."He sighed.

"Last time? What happened last time?"Angie asked.

"She didn't tell you. I thought you knew."He sighed, rubbing his face.

"Last year we were going to have another baby, she started saying the same thing that her back was hurting. I took her to the doctor and they gave her some medicine, 3 weeks later she started having feelings like she was going into labor and she was."He paused.

"I had no idea that you all lost a baby. I'm so sorry to hear that."She hugged him tight and rubbed her back.

"How is she doing right now?"She asked.

"Last time I left out of there she was asleep. I haven't been back in to see if she's awake.  I can't look at her right now Angie, I feel like a terrible husband."He said lowly.

"Did she gave complications with Amari?"She asked.

"Yeah, but it was little stuff. She had her early too though. She had Amari at 7 months. I thought it was because I was stressing her out."He shrugged.

"You can't blame yourself for that. She probably doesn't blame you for it either, all she wants is for you to be here for her."She assured.

"Go on, go back in there."She pushed him lightly.

He stood up and walked back into her room. She was awake.

"Hey baby. I just asked the nurse where you were."She smiled.

"I'm here baby. How you feeling?"He asked.

"Better, I'm happy that I finally got to sleep. They haven't been moving around a lot, but they've been moving."She replied.

"How come you got up?"She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I thought you were uncomfortable."he said.

"No, I got uncomfortable when you got up."She pouted.

"Where did you go anyway?"She asked, crossing her arms.

"I went to go smoke."He said.

"You went to go smoke? What's going on?"She asked.

"When did you start smoking cigarettes again, because I know you didn't go out there to smoke anything else."She started to get riled up.

She knew that Amaru only smoked cigarettes when he was stressed or upset.

"Damita, I'm fine don't worry about it."He sighed.

"You must have forgotten I know you better than I know you better than I know yourself. What's wrong?"She snapped.

"Baby please don't get yourself worked up over this. You're already in the hospital."He replied.

Her eyes softened up and she crossed her arms, glaring at him.

"Well excuse me for being worried about my husband."She sniffled and started to cry.

"I'm just trying to make sure you're okay."She sobbed.