Chapter 39

"You alright baby?"Amaru asked rubbing on Damita's stomach.

"Yeah I'm okay."She replied, flipping through the channels.

"You want me to go get you some food or something?"He asked.

"No I'm not hungry right now. Come lay with me. My stomach is hurting."she sighed.

Amaru laid next to her and pulled her up so that she could lay on his chest.

"I'm ready to have them already. They're causing me so much pain and trouble."She pouted and Amaru started to rub her stomach.

"It'll all be over soon baby. Remember Dr.Anderson said if your pain gets like it was before she will deliver them."He replied.

"It's not that bad. I just can't sleep because they're moving around so much. I don't like sleeping on my back, it's so uncomfortable."She whined.

"That's because you got these big melons up here."He laughed, rubbing one of her breasts.

"Shut up."She replied punching him in the shoulder.

"Where's Amari?"She added, looking around the room.

"Downstairs, probably doing something she don't have no business doing."He chuckled.

"Go get her. I miss my baby."She smiled to herself.

"Amari."He yelled from the bed.

She looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"What?"He laughed and shrugged like he hadn't done anything.

"I could have done that."She replied sarcastically.

"You really couldn't have."he laughed, making her punch him again.

Amari came strutting in their room with her little pajama set on.

"You call me daddy?"She asked.

"Yeah. What you doing downstairs?"He asked.

"I drawing a pichur. For my mommy."She replied and they both laughed at the way she pronounced picture.

"How come daddy doesn't get a picture?"Amaru asked as if he was hurt.

"Cuz' my mommy sick. Daddy not sick. Mommy not feel good."She pouted.

"I'm sick too."Amaru fake coughed.

"If you want me to draw you a picture just tell me daddy. You not have to lie daddy."She replied sassily placing her hand on her side.

Damita and Amaru were in a fit of laughter. Amari was such a mess.

Amari walking over to Damita and started to rub her hair.

"You otay mommy? You still not feel good?"Amari asked sweetly.

"I'm okay princess, thank you for asking."Damita smiled and sat up hug her.

Amari kissed Damita on the cheek and hugged her again.

"You go asleep mommy. Take a nap."Amari said, patting Damita's head.

"Daddy, give mommy kisses so she can go asleep. Her not feel good. She feel better if she go asleep."Amari said still hugging her mommy.

"Yes ma'am. I'll give her kisses."Amaru chuckled at her bossiness.

"Are you taking a nap with us?"Damita asked.

"No mommy. I can't see when daddy give you kisses. I go sleep in my bed."She replied shaking her head really fast.

"Night night momma."She kissed her cheek and walked out of their room, closing the door.

"You want daddy kisses?"Amaru laughed.

Damita smiled and nodded her head, implying that she wanted some of Daddy's Kisses.

He laughed and proceeded to kiss her lips again and again.

He then moved down to kiss her stomach and talk to his babies.

"Don't start talking to them, because they're gonna start doing too much. Especially that damn boy."Damita sighed and Amaru laughed.

"You sound so mad."He continued laughing.

"I'm not. I just don't feel like being beat up by your children today."She laughed, holding her stomach.

He started to rub around her stomach with both of his hands.

"If I could deliver them for you right now I would. I know how much they've been hurting you."He said lowly, still rubbing her stomach.

"Do your feet hurt?"He asked.

"No, not today. "She replied.

"You don't need me to do anything? You good?"He asked again.

"Baby I'm fine. Come lay back down."She laughed lightly.

Amaru appeased her demand and laid back next to her and rubbed her stomach.

Finally she started to fall asleep. She closed her eyes and he smiled watching her.

"I just love you so much."He whispered and kissed her cheek.

He was happy that she was finally able to get some sleep. She had been up for two days straight since she got out of the hospital, and he was up with her.

The phone started to ring, but he took in the bathroom to answer it, because he didn't want to wake his sleeping beauty.

"Hello."he answered.

"Amaru. What's up, long time no speak. I feel like you're avoiding me."Carl laughed.

"I ain't. What's up?"Amaru replied.

"Did you think about what we talked about?"He asked.

"Yeah and I can't do it. What about my kids and my wife? They need me. I gotta be here for them."He sighed.

"Well either we gonna hurt them or we gonna hurt you. It's your call Amaru. I know you don't that sweet baby girl of yours to be hurt and you know you don't want anything to happen to your pregnant wife."Carl chuckled.

Amaru took a deep sigh and removed the phone from his ear, looking up at the ceiling.

"Just give me some more time. She still hasn't had the babies yet. Give 2 months. Please."Amaru pleaded.

"2 months. That's it. If I don't get call from you by January 4 you know I'll search for you and you'll have a funeral to attend. I know where you live, I know where your mom lives, and I know where all your sisters and brothers live. Remember that."Carl said.

"I got it Carl. I'll call."He sighed and Carl hung up.

"Why didn't I listen to my baby she's always right."He sighed to himself.

He put the back onto the hook and climbed back into the bed.

"Where'd you go?"Damita asked.

"I didn't want my phone conversation to wake you. I didn't know you felt me get up."He replied.

"Who was on the phone?"She asked.

"Oh it was nobody baby. My momma was just checking on you. Go back to sleep."he lied.

"Oh okay."She shrugged and laid back down on his chest and went back to sleep.

Amaru didn't sleep, he laid there awake thinking of the trouble he's gotten himself into.