Chapter 42

"Good evening Mr.Shakur."The Nurse stopped Amaru before walking into Damita's room.

"You can take her home today if you'd like to."She continued.

"Yeah. I'm sure she's ready to go."Amaru chuckled.

"Okay, well I'll bring her discharge papers and then after Dr.Anderson comes to talk to her you guys can leave."She said sweetly and walked away.

He walked into Damita room to her feeding Amaru and Aaliyah was laying next to her making sounds.

"Hey baby."She smiled placing her hand behind little Amaru's head.

Amaru walked up to her and kissed her forehead and then her lips.

"You get to go home today baby."Amaru smiled and Damita's face lit up.

"Really? That's good. I miss my bed."She laughed.

"Dang, that's all you miss?"Amaru laughed and pretended he was hurt.

"I miss you too daddy. You know I don't like sleeping by myself."She smirked and grabbed his face and kissed his lips.

"Where's my baby?"She asked.

"She at home with momma. She waiting for us though. You know she think these her kids."Amaru laughed.

Amaru junior started to fall asleep, letting his mother know that he was done eating. She pulled up her gown, covering her breast.

"Aaliyah hasn't been wanting to eat. She needs to grow. She's so little."Damita said, laying Amaru down in his crib and picked Aaliyah up because she was awake.

"Did you tell Dr.Anderson?"Amaru asked.

"Yeah. She said that it's normal on the first few days and she'll be okay. I just want her to eat."She replied kissing all over her daughters face.

"Look baby she's smiling."She said excitedly.

Amaru looked down at their smiling daughter and it made him smile.

"How come every time I come in here, you two are being cute."Dr.Anderson laughed, walking into the room.

"Sorry."Damita laughed and they both switched their attention to Dr.Anderson.

"Before you leave, I have to ask you a couple of questions and give you some information."She replied.

"Have you felt any pain since your stitches were removed?"Dr.Anderson asked.

"No pain, just a little itching."Damita answered.

"The itching is normal, just try not to scratch, that can cause infection. I've prescribed you some cream to prevent the itching and help out with the healing process. You can pick it up at the front."

Damita nodded her head, letting Dr.Anderson know that she was still listening while she changed Aaliyah's diaper.

"As you know, no sex for the next five weeks. If you feel any pain Tylenol is fine. Make sure you wear only comfortable clothes that won't rub against your scar. Also, no heavy activity. Only hold your babies if you're sitting down, until you're fully healed."Dr.Anderson continued.

"Am I allowed to rub it for her when she's hurting?"Amaru asked.

"Of course, just make sure your hands are clean."She replied.