chapter 7

After a while, the Fudo family sat down to dinner while Atticus was trying to figure out the case and the kids had told him that they did not meet anyone who might have been who he was looking for, but there were two bullies named Lash and Speed.

"No, neither of those two could be who I'm looking for, besides this villain didn't have elasticity or super speed." Atticus said.

"Well, we tried..." Estelle said as Akito shrugged in defeat of that.

"Don't worry, sweetie, you'll find them," Mo soothed. "You should take a break, this case is kind of rotting your brain."

"You don't understand; this weapon the villain used didn't destroy him, but turned him into a baby," Atticus said. "Or at least I think it was a male villain."

"Maybe it was a girl!" Estelle suggested.

"It could have been either one." Atticus said.

"Now, Atticus..." Mo tried.

"I need to be focused, I need to be on top, I need to stay alert, I--" Atticus said.

"I need you to eat your dinner before it gets cold and you wear yourself out." Mo pinched his lips shut.

"Yes, dear." Atticus muffled.

Mo then let go and smirked as she then ate dinner with her family.

"I can't believe that school made my little girl a sidekick..." Atticus growled as he ate his dinner.

"It's okay, Dad, I think I'll be okay." Estelle replied.

"No, you and your brother have the same Brain Blast power; that should get you to being a hero and not a sidekick." Atticus said.

"Atticus, it's fine, this is only temporary anyway..." Mo replied.

Atticus started to calm down. Mo sighed as she then ate her dinner with her family, hopefully tomorrow would be better.

The next day at school, the students split up between heroes and sidekicks and the ones who were labeled as sidekicks were going into a class called 'Hero Support' while the others were sent to a class for those that were labeled heroes. The sidekicks were whispering amongst themselves until the teacher came in.

"Morning, class,' the teacher walked in. "Welcome to 'Hero Support'. My name is--" he then walked behind a chalkboard and came out in a red, white, and blue costume and jumped up on top of his desk. "'All American Boy'!" he then stood still, expecting applause or amazement from the students.

"Who?" Estelle asked.

One student even coughed with the awkward silence.

'This is awkward.' Estelle thought to herself.

Only the nerdy boy looked intrigued however.

'At least someone is intrigued.' Estelle thought to herself.

"Of course, nowadays, I just go by 'Mr. Boy'," the teacher then hopped off his desk and removed his mask. "But this year, it will be my privilege to help each of you to become the very best hero support that you can be. Without hero support, why, there wouldn't be any heroes."

"Unless the heroes call upon each other for help." Estelle whispered.

"You have a comment, Young Miss?" Mr. Boy looked to Estelle's direction.

"No, sir." Estelle said.

"Hmm..." Mr. Boy hummed to her before continuing his welcome speech. "All right, there probably would be heroes, but they would be very lonely. Lonely heroes indeed... And..."