chapter 12

The next day at school, Will told the Fudo siblings and Felicity about how proud his father was of him about yesterday and he even got an Xbox out of it.

"Cool." The Fudo siblings smiled.

"What is an Xbox?" Felicity asked.

"Um, it's a video game system," Will glanced at her strangely. "Do you live in a cave or something?"

"She doesn't exactly get a lot of technology things." Vincent said.

"Oh, um, sorry..." Will winced slightly.

Later on, the students went to their classes and Will's other friends were praising him about what happened yesterday.

"Dude, you made sidekick history!" Zach smiled.

"Oh, I don't know about that." Will smiled sheepishly back.

"No, seriously," Ethan replied. "From now on, people mess with us at their own peril."

"Yep." Estelle nodded.

"You're breaking down barriers, proving we're not heroes and sidekicks." Layla smiled. "We're just people."

"Super people." Ethan gently reminded.

The bell then rang which summoned for Mr. Boy to come into the classroom.

"Wonder what we're going to learn today?" Estelle said.

Mr. Boy stopped himself, but then looked to Will as he had a slip of paper for him. "Would you gather your gear and come up here, please? I've got your new class schedule."

"New class schedule?" Estelle and Felicity wondered.

Will grabbed his bag and walked up to his desk.

"Congratulations, you've been transferred to the hero class." Mr. Boy handed him the paper.

A second slip of paper slipped out with a different name on it. Will took the paper in surprise as he accepted his new class schedule.

Mr. Boy read the second paper slip and where he saw Estelle's name on it. "And this is for you, Miss Fudo." he then said.

"Me?" Estelle pointed to herself.

"Yes, it seems you are being transferred to the hero class as well." Mr. Boy said.

Estelle smiled to that.

"Oh, and by the way, if either of you should find yourselves finding any hero support--" Mr. Boy said before ducking under his desk and came back up in his sidekick costume. "I still do a little freelance. HA!" he then practiced some fighting stances.

"What about you guys?" Estelle asked their friends.

"We'll see you on the bus." Ethan said.

"We'll hang out after lunch." Zach added.

"I'll see you at your house." Felicity promised.

Will and Estelle were still sad that they had to leave them behind.

"Right after you've finished dunking Ethan's head in the toilet." Magenta added as an icy joke.

"Well, you best not be late." Mr. Boy sighed to Will and Estelle.

Estelle and Will soon left the classroom.

"Just go already..." Layla insisted while Felicity nodded encouragingly.

Will and Estelle smiled to them as they then left to their new class. The two of them made their way to their hero class.

Mr. Medulla was giving a lecture on rays while Will and Estelle were on their way. The moment they entered their new classroom, Estelle knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Mr. Medulla looked over. "They told me you two were coming. Unfortunately all the lab partners are taken, except for Mr. Fudo who was with my teaching assistant and I'm sure Miss Fudo would feel most comfortable with her brother."

"Yes, sir." Estelle curtsied.

"Miss Grayson?" Mr. Medulla called.

Gwen smiled and looked to Will as he seemed to daydream while looking to her yet again. Estelle went to sit with Akito. Will soon went over to Gwen and sat next to her.

"Welcome to class, Sis." Akito smiled to his twin.

"I'm happy to be here with you." Estelle smiled as they were now starting to build a ray they were assigned to build.

"Yeah, it seemed boring without ya." Akito admitted.

"So, what kind of ray are we building?" Estelle smiled.

"A growth ray." Akito said.

"Ooh." Estelle replied.

"You can help finish it," Akito smiled to his sister. "I'm sure with both our brain power, it'll be done in no time."

"We are pretty advanced even when we were seven thanks to Tech's tutoring." Estelle agreed.

"Yep, so let's get started." Akito said as they started to build the growth ray together.

Estelle nodded as she helped before whistling a tune while they worked.

Mr. Medulla came to check on the Fudo twins as they worked on their own ray after scolding one pair of students. And where he was impressed with how well the two were working together and how great the ray looked. "Very impressive, Mr. and Miss Fudo."

"Thank you." Akito and Estelle smiled to their teacher. He soon used the ray on his desk a little bit to show that it worked as his desk grew larger for how long he held the trigger.

"Now we're tiny!" Estelle giggled jokingly.

"A+" Mr. Medulla said.

Akito and Estelle cheered and gave each other a victory high-five. Mr. Medulla soon went over to Will and Gwen. Akito and Estelle watched him as they then smiled to each other about their ray.

Will looked rather bashful as he was working with Gwen. And where Gwen seemed to use her powers to make a freeze ray before Mr. Medulla came over. Vincent turned his head before smiling to his twin siblings. Akito and Estelle smiled back.

"What do we have here?" Mr. Medulla asked.

"I don't know, I didn't build it..." Will replied.

"You're far too modest, Mr. Stronghold." Gwen smirked as she handed the ray to the teacher.

"What did she build?" Estelle asked.

Will merely shrugged as it seemed to happen without him noticing.

Mr. Medulla picked up the ray and used it against a disobedient student and it instantly froze him. "Or perhaps, not modest enough." he then said about Will.

'I am getting a bad vibe from Gwen.' Vincent thought to himself.

Akito and Estelle weren't sure what to make of Gwen yet, but Estelle seemed disturbed and bothered by her somehow.

'At least she isn't doing anything evil.' Estelle thought to herself.

"Please Miss Grayson," Mr. Medulla said to Gwen. "Next time in the future, please allow the students to succeed or fail on their own."

Will glanced at the teacher, then looked to Gwen, knowing she had something to do with the ray. "How did you do that?"

"I'm a Technopath," Gwen smiled. "I can control technology with my mind."

"Just like Tech." Estelle whispered to Akito.

Akito nodded in agreement. "He would love this girl." he whispered back about their coyote friend from the future.