chapter 11

Before they knew it, it was after school and Will had broken the front door of his house off its hinges and he then tried to put it back into place so his parents would not freak out at the sight.

"How was your day at school?" Josie asked firmly.

"Uh..." Will stammered as he looked to see his parents looking back at him rather strictly. "Well, as you may have noticed, I got my powers today!" he then lifted his mother in the air with a joyful smile.

"Yes, we know," Josie still looked firm. "The principal called."

"Oh..." Will said as he set her back down.

This was going to be a rather scolding and painful talk while Steve actually seemed to approve since Will's strength was coming true.

"So, I hear you all had detention..." Cherry came to visit Akito, Estelle, and Vincent as she had Felicity by her side, she then smirked slightly. "What an interesting fate for Atticus's children."

"I cannot wait to get back to my own dimension." Akito said.

"Same here." Estelle agreed.

"Has Dad found out about the case yet?" Vincent asked.

"I'm not allowed to know," Cherry narrowed her eyes. "Drell refuses to see me these days."

"Well, I hope he finds out soon." Akito said.

"I'm sure he has by now, Drell knows everything," Cherry replied. "Not as much as I though."

"Really?" Felicity asked.

"I am rather intelligent due to your father's helping of me, Fliss," Cherry replied as she put her hand gently on her chest in a sophisticated matter. "I mean, thanks to your father, I became valedictorian during high school."

"Cool." Estelle said.

"I'm sure your father will crack this case soon and then you can all go back to where you truly belong," Cherry replied. "I know someone is missing her 'Leekins'."

Estelle smiled bashfully and stared at the floor. "Aunt Cherry..."

"So then, we're not in trouble." Vincent smiled.

"Not with me, you aren't my kids after all..." Cherry said. "I am impressed though with Felicity's hypnotism, it took me YEARS to master!"

"Ooh." Felicity smiled.

Cherry gave Felicity a hug, but due to being her, it was rather cold and stiff.

"I love you, Maman." Felicity said.

Cherry looked hesitant and forced herself to say she loved Felicity back.

"Aunt Cherry, why is it sometimes hard for you to say I love you?" Estelle asked.

"Because it's the kind of person I am..." Cherry sounded bitter. "I live in a world of coldness and darkness."

"Well, so was Uncle Sombra, but he's changed to good." Akito said.

"It's just how I live..." Cherry said. "I'm goth, so I'm always unhappy and following the world like a living corpse with nowhere else to go but to make life more miserable for those who aren't like myself."

"Wow." Vincent said.

"That's my life." Cherry shrugged.

Atticus and Mo soon came inside.

"They're all yours." Cherry bowed to Atticus and Mo and let her niece and nephews go back to their parents.

The Fudo siblings were nervous with what their parents might do.

"Let's go home." Mo said.

"Thanks, Cherry." Atticus said.

Cherry saluted and walked off. The Fudo's soon went back home.

"So, um, are we in trouble for getting detention?" Vincent asked.

"I think that was punishment enough, I'm surprised at you all, but I'm glad you helped your friend." Atticus said.

"I agree." Mo nodded.

"Well, thanks." Akito smiled.

"Yeah, thanks." Estelle agreed.

"You're all gonna have to do extra chores though." Atticus then decided.

"Aww!" the Fudo siblings groaned.

"Would you like to do them with no powers?" Atticus asked.

Akito, Estelle, and Vincent's eyes widened.

"That's what I thought." Atticus replied.

"Now come on, it won't take that long." Mo said.

"All right..." the siblings replied.

"I'd do them now so you won't have to waste your Saturday morning." Atticus suggested.

The Fudo siblings did just that.

"So, did you find out about the Royal Pain case?" Mo asked.

"Drell actually helped me..." Atticus smiled sheepishly.

"Who is it?" Mo asked.

"Someone named Sue Tenny," Atticus replied. "She had technopathetic powers and it could allow her to control technology with her mind. Apparently she was made fun of her for abilities and was basically a geek in Sky High back when Steve and Josie were students and she was labeled as a sidekick."

"Well, unfortunately, the kids never mentioned any of the students at Sky High having that name." Mo said.

"I have a feeling she might be closer than we think, Drell promised to give pictures if he could find any at a later time." Atticus said.

"At least now you have some clues." Mo comforted.

"True." Atticus nodded.

"Want some hot chocolate?" Mo offered.

"Yes please." Atticus said.

"Marshmallows?" Mo smirked.

"We still talking about hot chocolate?" Atticus smirked back.

"Oh, you bad boy!" Mo laughed.

"Yeah I am." Atticus smirked.

Mo giggled as she then came into the kitchen.

"Ya mind keeping it PG?" Angel asked her. "Your kids are home!"

"Oh, they're teenagers now, they won't care." Mo laughed.

"Yeah." Atticus added.

Angel sighed and decided to leave the room to be with Scamp. Atticus carried Mo upstairs. As the Fudo siblings did their chores, they heard their mother squeal and their father growl in a good way.

"Sounds like they're having their time alone." Estelle said.

"Yep," Vincent said knowingly as he was the oldest. "It's what parents do."

"Yep." Akito nodded.

Estelle rolled her eyes at them as they did their chores to make up for going in detention.