chapter 16

While Layla spent a lot of time with Warren, Will spent a lot of time with Gwen. The Fudo siblings and Felicity then spent most of their time talking their significant others into coming to the homecoming dance with them. They of course agreed, but they wondered if they would be allowed to.

"I'm sure they will be allowed to come." Estelle said.

"Yeah, I can't wait to dance with Emi." Akito beamed after they invited their dates to the Sky High homecoming dance.

"I can't wait to dance with Jenny." Vincent smiled.

Estelle smiled to them. "So, Chip is coming too?"

"Yeah, we're going to see more of him now ever since I gave him a way to visit me in this century like when my parents were first separated." Felicity beamed.

"Cool." Estelle smiled.

Felicity smiled back to her cousins.

"Well, we're happy to hear that." Akito said.

Vincent seemed lost in his own thoughts. "You had lots of grace at the Debutante Ball..."

"VINCENT!" the others called as Vincent was obviously daydreaming about Jenny.

"Uh, yes, very interesting!" Vincent woke up then.

"Really?" Akito asked, unimpressed.

"What?" Vincent bit his lip nervously.

"You were daydreaming." Akito said.

"You do that a lot..." Estelle pointed out.

"Yeah, I don't know why..." Vincent sighed. "Just when I'm not paying attention, I just think about Jenny..."

"You are so in love." Akito said.

"Ms. Hilda told me," Estelle nodded. "If your heart races faster when you see her coming your way, you almost always think about her, and it doesn't bother you when she chews gum."

"But she never chews gum." Vincent said.

"You know what I mean, you're just in love with her, ever since you guys first met." Estelle replied.

"Yeah." Akito nodded.

"I suppose so..." Vincent said.

"I've known her for a year myself, we just shared letters with each other and then we met you both on her birthday weekend." Estelle beamed, remembering it like it was only yesterday.

"That was quite a day." Felicity smiled.

"Tell me about it..." Vincent agreed.

The dance came closer and closer and Emi, Chip, Jenny, and Lee decided to come early and stay over until the dance, but they would be given their own places to stay as Atticus was suspicious about Lee sleeping in the same room with Estelle. He did trust the boy, but it was just his paternal instincts.

"At least he's now trusting me." Lee smiled.

"He's a dad, it's in his nature," Estelle said. "I'm just glad you said yes."

"Of course I said yes!" Lee replied. "I'm not gonna go to a dance without the prettiest girl in the world."

Estelle blushed to that with a goofy smile. "Aw, Lee~..."

"Atticus, can't you let Estelle and Lee be in the same room just this once?" Mo asked.

"Just not when they go to sleep." Atticus replied firmly.

"Oh, come on, my father allowed us to sleep together." Mo smiled.

Atticus blushed about that. "Yeah, I suppose he did..."