Rumor Has it

*Please read author's note!*

  Melissa's POV

  Today was one of those days where all of the games on my phone are boring, texting friends is out of the question, and there's nothing to do.

  BEEP!

Looking down at my phone, I checked to see who was texting me.

NIALL: I'm bored.  Entertain me :)

MELISSA: Demanding much?

NIALL: Just sayin

MELISSA: well I'm bored too

NIALL: We could go into some of the small shops on the outside of town.

MELISSA: Sure!

NIALL: Pick ya up at 3! :)

MELISSA: k bye

  Finally something to do today! Even though Niall and I were just hanging out, I was excited. I glanced at the clock and realized 1: It was 2:15! And 2: I was still in my pjs!  I ran upstairs and picked out some clothes. I chose a white sweater, navy hair bow (to go on top of my ponytail on top) and black skinny pants with brown combat boots.  Mascara and lip gloss was as far as I was willing to go makeup wise. I ate a chocolate mint protein bar and by then, it was 15 till three.  I waited outside on my doorstep until a familiar car drove into my driveway.  I walked over to the passenger side, opened the door and sat down.

"Hello!"

"Why so excited today," I asked furrowing my brow slightly.

"Well someone is against people being in good moods," Niall responded with fake hurt in his voice.

"Sorry not sorry," I laughed.

Soon we arrived on the cute little street full of small businesses. 

"Niall we are gonna shop till we drop, we are gonna go into every shop," I stated and rushed into a small shop that sold all sorts of flavors of popcorn.  I got chocolate and peanut butter drizzled popcorn, while Niall got a little bit of everything. 

  Next, we went into a shop that sold makeup that was made by the manager.  Of course, I was the one that begged Niall to go in there.  Niall hid behind the shelf of eye shadow so that he wouldn't be seen in a makeup shop.  We also went into a thrift-store like clothing store.  The cashiers gave us very disapproving looks because we must have tried on everything in the store, and neither of us know how to fold (especially Niall).  Niall ended up only buying a pair of sunglasses and I bought a cute sweater. I don't think that we will ever be going back in there again.  

  We went to an ice cream parlor, and that was about it for us.  As we were walking up the street towards Niall's car, Niall put his arm around me. Oh god. "Did you have fun,"he asked.

I smiled. "I had a lot of fun," I replied.

"Good."

Liam's POV *one day later*

  I woke up, deciding to go downstairs and hang out with the lads.  Nothing special.  I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, greeting all the guys (except Niall who was asleep) and got 'hellos' in return. 

"Hey pass me the paper please," I asked Louis.

"Uh, I don't think you want to read it," Louis replied.  "Besides, I still need to finish my crossword and read the comics."

"Just let me see it."

"Uh, he's serious mate, you don't want to read it," Harry agreed with Louis. 

"He's right," Zayn said quietly.

"Guys what's so bad about the paper this morning," I asked.

"Umm..Er, Uh, NOTHING," Louis.

"Just give me the paper," I said firmly. All I wanted to do was read the paper. Gosh.

"No!"

I walked over to Louis a ripped the paper from his hands. The guys looked nervously at each other.   I opened the paper, my eyes widening as I read more.  There was a headline and a picture that nobody could miss.

  NEW CELEB COUPLE-MELISSA EVANS AND NIALL HORAN?

Below the headline was a picture of Niall and Melissa, and Niall had his arm around her. My face grew red with anger.  I stormed upstairs and vigorously opened Niall' s bedroom door.

"NIALL!"

  Niall woke up, falling out of bed in the process.

"Yes?"

"EXPLAIN THIS!" I shove the newspaper in Niall' s face and wait for an explanation.

"Liam it's not what you think-"

"REALLY?  WHY NIALL? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU," I yell angrily and slam his door shut.  I'm not done with him, not yet.

*******************

A/N

DRAMA

Thank you everyone who helped get me to 3k on Somehting like Love!  You all are so amazing!  Thanks to @Bolhman for helping  me with this chapter.  Please comment your suggestions for this story, I want to know what you want to happen!  You'll never know, maybe I'll incorporate your idea (with your permission) in a chapter!!  Thanks!  Hope you likes it!

- αℓℓιѕση  :)