Don't Let Me Dance Alone

Songs for the chapter:

Don’t Wanna Dance Alone- Fifth Harmony

Better Left Unsaid-  Ariana Grande 

Maria’s POV

“AHHH GUYS WE HAVE TWO HOURS TO GET READY THAT’S NOT ENOUGH TIMEEE,” Emily wailed from the couch.  She hopped up and grabbed her bag that had her dress and mask in it, sprinting upstairs to the bathroom, slamming the door.   

“Well, somebody’s excited.” Sam smirked, following her upstairs.

“Who are you texting?” I leaned over Melissa’s shoulder as she turned her phone off.

“Nobody,” she replied and blushed a deep read color.  I grinned, knowing she was texting Niall.

“Just get upstairs and get ready for prince charming.” I pushed her into my room and closed it, heading into my parents room to get ready.

---------------------------

“Is everyone ready?  We have got to have everything perfect, by all means, we can’t have a single hair out of place because ONE FREAKIN DIRECTION are gonna be in the same building as us,” Emily joked, repining her bangs back for the hundredth time in two hours. 

“Well, someone seems concerned about her appearance.  Who ya trying to impress tonight,” Sam asked.  Emily smiled, shook her head, slipped her silver shoes on. 

“Ready? If we don’t head out now, we won’t get there before the boys.” Melissa reminded us, grabbing her car keys and mask.  We did the same and followed her out of the house, hopping into the car and heading to the ball.

“Are you excited to dance with Niall?” Sam prodded Melissa, knowing that she would get embarrassed by the mention of him. 

“How am I supposed to know which one is him?  There are going to be tons of guys there, all with masks, and he’s not going to know what I’m wearing,” Melissa pointed out.  “I guess I could just text him when I get there or somethi-“

“NO! YOU CAN’T DO THAT!  IT WOULD RUIN ALL OF THE ROMANCE AND STUFF!  You should let him find you, that way you know that he really wants to dance with you and spend time with you, oh and when he sees you in your dress he will be like a kid on Christmas day.” Sam made her point extra dramatic by throwing her arms up in the air.  Melissa dismissed the conversation by waving her hand in the air, obviously uncomfortable with Sam’s suggestion.

“Who said anything about romance?” I seemed to be the only one who heard Melissa’s response to Sam’s half serious outburst.

“OH MY GOSH WE’RE HERE WE’RE HERE,” Emily squealed like a kid going to an amusement park. When we had parked, she was in a hurry to get out of the car.  She made sure that she had checked her hair, makeup, mask, and smoothed her dress out before stepping into the chilly night air. Emily was in a hurry, and none of us wanted to keep her waiting.

“IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH,” Emily wailed impatiently. 

MELISSA’S POV

 “Calm down Emz,”Sam scolded her as we walked through the doors of the HUGE building into the ballroom.

“WOW.” Maria’s eyes widened when she saw the huge dance floor, large assortment, and all the people. 

“I WANT FOOD,” Emily declared, rushing over to a very long table filled with snacks and drinks.  I trailed behind her, taking in everything.  I poured myself a glass of a red, bubbly liquid.  My insides tingled immediately and I could feel my body become hot as soon as I took the first sip. I drank all of the stuff in my glass, immediately regretting that decision. My throat burned and my eyes watered.  I thought I was going to throw up, but I didn’t, thankfully.