New York, New Life

Melissa's POV

   "Excuse me, Miss? Can I get you anything, we have an assortment of drinks and snacks for-"

  "No thank you, I'm not feeling too well, thank you for offering." I gave a grim smile to the poor woman. She was just doing her job, I felt bad for declining her. 

  "There's a bag in the pocket in front of you if you need it." The woman continued to push her cart down the thin isle of the plane. I sighed, leaning my head against the window and looking at the mass of clouds. Was this what I wanted?

  I rummaged through my bag until I found the envelope that had my career in its hands.

   Miss Evans,

   We are very pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the New York School of Dance. Your audition was beautiful and your exceptional talent will not go unnoticed. We hope to see you this semester.

  -New York School of Dance.

  Yes, this is exactly what I want. To pursue my dreams as a dancer and attend a highly ranked school is a dream, and I'm living it. Of course I want this.

  I want a fresh start.

  So why am I so hesitant?

  I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts, deleting any conversations with or about any member from One Direction. I then disposed of all the pictures I had with Liam, Niall, or any one of the boys, though it killed me every time to simply press one button.

  Once in New York City, I climbed out of a taxi cab, rushing into multiple apartment complexes, taking brief tours and reassuring all the realtors I would get back to them, though I knew I wouldn't. My head was spinning and I found myself relieved to sit down, waiting for the subway that would take me to another part of the city. I closed my eyes, breathing in and out as if I just ran a mile. My hands were filled with bags from popular home decor shops that would hopefully liven up my apartment, once I found one. Too much was on my mind.  I was stressed, anxious, and a little shaken up. This was not a good way to begin the next chapter of my life.

I checked into a hotel, collapsing on the bed. For once, I was grateful for leaving all of my belongings back in California except my purse, wallet, and a couple hundred bucks I withdrew from my bank account. No way was I going to bring a suitcase full of things that would just bring back bad memories. I could picture myself pulling out a dress and sadly reminiscing over the time I may have worn it when I went out with Liam, then blowing a life's worth of snot and tears into it.

  I sighed, ready to change for the better. I was prepared to start over, and be done with dating famous boys. Possibly done with dating all together for a while.

 Unfortunately, we can't always get what we want.

  A/N (you don't have to read this, I know I barely read authors notes from any other people, but I want to give a short (or rather long) thank you to you guys.)

  I have no excuses at all. I really don't. I had no inspiration to write or update, and it might be a while until my next update, but I will try. Nowadays I find myself writing little bits of pieces of stories that aren't fanfiction, so I'm at least writing, but that's a pitiful excuse. I'm sorry, I really am. For anyone who probably still has this story in their library, thank you so much, that means a lot (though it's probably at the very bottom of your library because I last updated when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth.) Thank you for not giving up on me or my story, I know I tend to remove stories when they aren't updated in a while. To anyone who is reading this still or has voted, thank you so so so so much.

I love you

xxx