Don't Let Me Dance Alone part 2

There is a (lyric) video on the side of a song that I think suits the chapter.  It's Good Enough by Little Mix :)

xx

ZAYN’S POV

     I stood by myself on the dance floor full of people laughing and having the time of their lives… and I wasn’t one of them.  On top of helping Liam with his plan to win Melissa back, I had to go buy a mask AND a hat that would conceal my identity.  I didn’t have much time to think about who I was going to go with to the masquerade, so here I am; alone.  If I wasn’t famous, I could go and walk up to some random chick and ask her to dance with me.  But I can’t, if I danced with a girl, I would probably mess it up by saying “thanks you’re a really good dancer, by the way, I’m Zayn Malik, you know, from One Direction.”  

  I walked over to an empty table and sat down on one of the chairs that were pulled up next to the abandoned table.  I wanted to go home and go to sleep and forget about what I’m sure will end up to be a horrible night for all of the lads.  I scanned the room crowded with people in extremely fancy attire.  I chuckled when I saw a woman wearing a hoop skirt dress; it looked like it should go back into the 19th century and never return.  She seemed to be enjoying herself with a man that looked just as ridiculous.    

  “You seem to be having fun.” A female voice brought me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump in my seat and bang my knees on the table. The voice giggled and sat down next to me.  I glanced at her; trying to recognize signs of her being a fan girl and attacking me any second, but there weren’t any.  The girl was calm and acting normal. 

“Zayn, seriously can you at least say something.  Usually when somebody approaches you, the least you could do is say hi,” She said, shocking me when she said my name.  So she did know who I was.       

“Hi,” I responded dryly.  She rolls her eyes and sighs heavily.

“Ugg this thing is so itchy.” The girl whines and slides her mask up over her forehead.  I immediately recognize her as Emily, one of Melissa’s friends who I saw in the hospital. 

“You look nice tonight.  I guess,” I added, not wanting to come on too strong.  She did look nice, though.

“Thanks for the half compliment.  Nice to know your input,” Emily scoffed, rolling her eyes.  There was a long, awkward silence that followed my remark and her reply. We were both clearly embarrassed by what we had said to each other. 

“I’m going to go talk to a friend… see you later Malik.” Emily stood up from her seat and left.  Well that hurt.  I sighed and remained in my seat.  Way to mess everything up.

Sam’s POV

“Sam!”

“What?”

“Do you even know how hard it is to find one person in this place,” Harry approached me and asked breathlessly.  I shook my head and giggled. 

“Well I searched EVERYWHERE and I even went into the women’s restrooms!  Some lady threw the bottle of soap at me and the roll of paper towels.”

“You could have just called me,” I said with a smile on my face.

“Yeah yeah, but it wouldn’t be as romantic.”

 “Well, I appreciate you getting soap and paper towels thrown at you for me.” I laughed and hugged him.

“You look very beautiful.” Harry complimented me.  I thanked him and pecked his cheek.     

“Hey guys!  H-have you seen M-Melissa?  I can’t find her a-anywhere.  She didn’t ditch me, d-did she?" Harry and I turned to see an anxious and jittery Niall. He looked like he was about to cry, and I would be too if I discovered my date hadn't shown.up. "Now she’s probably screwing around with Liam.  I told him to BACK OFF!” Harry and I look at Niall with wide eyes.  There is a wild look in his eyes, he is panting, and his face is redder than a tomato.  Niall is absolutely fuming.