How to Explain...

Hey!  So if any of you have ideas, I'd love to hear them!  Hope you enjoy the chapter!

  LIAM' S POV

I was infuriated right now.  How could Niall, how could Melissa?  What else have I been missing?  I grabbed my phone and failed Melissa's number.

(The call)

"Hello?"

"Explanation please."

"For what?"

"The PAPER! Have you checked this mornings news paper?"

"No, I guess I'll go do that... LIAM it's not what it looks like!"

"Really, because it looks like Niall has his arm wrapped around you, and you're letting him!  And the headline too!"

"Liam listen, he just did that when we were out shopping, it was a friendly gesture!"

"Yeah right.  What else have you two been hiding?"

"Nothing!"

(end of call)

With that I hung up.  She's lying to me.  I know it.  I headed downstairs, ready to yell at Niall.  I reached the bottom of the steps and Niall immediately began to talk.

"Mate I'm sorry I just put my arm around her to do it!  I didn't mean for it to "mean" anything!"

"What else have you done?"

"Um...Well, we kinda sorta kissed?"

"YOU WHAT," by now I was more angry than before.

"I'm sorry it's just that it was in the spur of the moment okay and I didn't know what to do, and she kissed back," he said quickly. 

  "Niall, how could you," I asked running my hands through my hair.  But more importantly, how could she?

  "I'm sorry, mate, I really didn't mean to-"

  "DIDN'T MEAN TO," I screamed.  How could he not mean to kiss my girlfriend!?  I know I hurt her, but we're past that, and if this is her way of getting past things, I'm not going to deal with it. 

MELISSA'S POV

I'm ruined now.  Liam knows, just like I knew he would.  I've done something so unforgivable.  But he did the exact same thing, but with someone I despise.  I on the other hand, kissed Niall, my friend. 

  Liam isn't going to let this go.  And there's nothing I can do about it.