Chapter 7

"No listen! There were girls who were assigned to Jungkook and all of them have resigned. BUT GET THIS! One of the most recent female who just resigned... came back to the company to work!"

"NO WAY! Who wants to come back if it is true?!"

"And! And! She is working as one of the new employees right now!"

"Who is she??"

"... In Ha."

~Continue~

 I froze entirely, many thoughts were running through my mind but one thing was clear. 

I need to find In Ha. 

Dashing frantically out the bathroom, my thoughts were running crazy as the girls in the bathroom questioned each other. 

"What's she doing?"

"I don't know..." 

I hurriedly checked each room, searching for In Ha. 

Where is In Ha??

Is she harmed??

I ran through the empty corridors as every employee went home.

What if all these things Jungkook did was fake? 

My throat was parched as I rested my hands on my knees, clutching my skirt I pushed myself to run.  

Where are you In Ha... 

Puffing and gasping for breath, I turned around a corner, to see 2 figures standing in the corridor. Hurriedly, I retreated behind the wall. 

Immediately, I covered my mouth to prevent my heavy breathing. Glancing out, my eyes widened as I recognised each of their faces. 

In Ha... and Jungkook...

I gulped down the lump in my throat as I saw the obvious shaking of In Ha's hands as she gripped her shirt tight. While, Jungkook stood in front of her casually, his lips curving up into a smirk. 

"In Ha noona...I thought you had resigned..." His voice echoed in the empty corridors. 

"C-can y-you not call me t-that way..." Her voice trembled anxiously. 

"Why noona? You don't like it?" 

"P-Please s-stop t-treating me this way..."

He took a step forward... as In Ha took a step back. 

"What way?" 

She gradually lowered her head. 

"You treat every female employee this way don't you?" Her voice stiffened. "Use their weakness against them..." 

"Not every employee..." He slowly coked his head to the side. 

"P-Please... don't do this to her..." Her voice faded in nervousness. 

"Who? ...Mi Young noona?"

I gritted my teeth in anger as I glimpsed a few drops of tears slide down In Ha's cheeks. Jungkook showed no emotion as his expression remained indifferent and cold. In seconds, he turned his head away, as if unwilling to watch the girl cry. 

This jerk...

My hands curled into a fist as I watched In Ha sob. Without hesitation, I walked quickly out of my hiding spot. My foot heavily stomping through the corridors in anger. 

I lowered my head as I muttered out a word in anger. 

"Jerk..." 

I quickly grabbed In Ha before muttering some words to her. 

"In Ha... hurry and go..." 

"B-But..." Her words shook in confusion. 

"Please go..." 

As soon as In Ha walked out of sight, I turned back to the boy. 

"Yah! What did you do?!" 

"Nothing..." 

Unexpectedly, my hands instinctively grabbed the boy's collar. At that exact moment, I regretted my decision. 

Mi Young... what did you just do...

I blinked a few times before gulping nervously and realising what I just had done. He let out a small laugh. 

"Mi Young..." 

I tried to look confident in front of him. 

"Why are you standing up for In Ha?" His lips curved upwards. 

"B-Because she's my friend..."

"So..." 

Without realising, he gradually walked forward, forcing me to take back my steps. I gulped as my back hit a frigid surface. His arms reached out, caging me inside the tiny space between him and the wall. 

"Are you willing to take her place...?" He coked his head to the side as if he had just found his new prey. 

Pondering for a moment, I glanced up and gripped his collar even tighter. 

I can't let In Ha suffer...

"I will." 

Unexpectedly, I felt a breath being exerted onto my neck as he leant in, his hair brushing against my ear. 

"Mi Young... don't think that I don't know who you are..." 

My entire body tensed up at his whisper. 

"I know what you came here for..." 

W-what? H-he k-knows? 

My grip on his collar loosened in anxiety as my eyes widened. 

Breathing heavily, his raspy voice echoed in my ears. 

"After all... you're my new prey..."