Chapter 26

Ji-Eun seems suspicious.

Pressing the "send" button, I waited for him to respond as the message was read.

Any evidence?

I pondered at whether to tell him everything.

She met with someone at night 2 days ago.

Did you see his face?

I stared confusingly at the text that Min Jun had sent, the "person's" gender was already assumed.

No, I couldn't,  his face was covered.

Is it the murderer?

Was Jungkook there?

He was but I lost track of him soon after. 

Where did he go? 

I couldn't confirm.

If you see him again, don't let him go. Bring him to me.  Notify me when you've got him. 

But there's not enough evidence to prove him guilty.

There's enough evidence to make him the number one suspect. 

Capture him at all costs. It's Mr Jun's orders. 

What happens to him afterwards?

My fingers had automatically typed out the question that constantly remained on my mind. Impatient, I stuffed my phone in my jacket as Min Jun didn't respond and focused ahead. 

The evening sun remained in sight and while I scrutinised the figure ahead of me. Pushing down the leaves out of my vision, I cautiously peeked out at the young woman who stood at her cabin's doorstep. 

She straightened her white floral-pattened dress as she walked away from her cabin. Keeping a reasonable 20-metre distance from her, I silently crept along through the prickly bushes. 

Over the past few days of surveillance, I had been observing Ji-Eun actions. Waiting for the chance when she might meet the male again. When that happens, I'll be prepared. 

The sun had set. Checking my surroundings, I glanced at many employees who were returning to their cabins. Carefully, I searched for any sign of Jungkook. 

It's as if he knew what I was planning to do, for the past days, he had been deliberately avoiding me. Having employees around him all the time, it's not easy to have him in my grasp. 

I looked ahead as it seemed to be only Ji-Eun and me here. She had suddenly stopped walking as she approached a familiar spot. The place where she had met with him the last time.