She knows him

- Chapter 17 - 

The familiar chill hit my legs, the streets were still deserted. The silence was still there. Turning around the corner, I heard some familiar laughter and snickers.

I stared at the gang of boys who crowded around a figure. Presumably a male. There was no hesitation in their actions as they threw punches and harsh kicks to the motionless figure.

I realised, the gang was the same group who had robbed money the first day I saw them.

The male beneath their feet didn't budge at their violence.

Maybe too scared to move.

I turned around. Deciding not to interfere.

It's not my job to stop them. Mr Jun didn't say so.

I stopped.

I'm feeling something I shouldn't ever feel.

Guilt. Guilt for walking away. For leaving the male alone. For witnessing but not doing anything. 

-End-

The male curled himself into a ball. His entire body ached as it took several hits from the group. He had considered the thought of taking his blade out before enjoying himself thoroughly. But yet again, it wasn't worth the time. The effort. 

The pain had stung his body for some time now. At least his black clothing would have covered any blood that shed. His dark clothes veiled everything. Pain. Emotions. The past. 

He recalled just 30 minutes ago, he was loitering around the empty streets and with a candy wrapper thrown at a gang's feet, he was dragged to a dark alley. 

"Did you just chuck something at us!" 

The male laid on the frigid ground, earning several violent punches from the group of boys staring down at him. 

The pain felt familiar to him. His lips curved into a smirk as he remembered how it felt to be hurt...by him. He remembered the taste of blood. The thrilling sensation of instant pain. Yes. It felt... unusual to not feel the taste of violence for months. This was more like it.

The male looked across the concrete floor. His eyes widened in surprise as he noticed the girl watching their every move. Her black skirt stood out in his view. 

He hadn't expected her to be here. At this time. 

But he had expected her indifference to the situation. She stood still, watching the brutal scene yet she never budged. He knew how she was like, she will only move when she receives a command. A command from him - the person the male hated. 

The male hugged his legs close, glancing at the girl who never moved or ran towards him. He watched her as his body was bruised with continuous hits. 

She wouldn't know who the weak figure that was lying helplessly on the ground, getting beaten up was. At least that's what he thought she would think. 

Yet, she knows him, only if she saw his face. 

She knows Min Jun.