Chapter 16

"Are you sure you're fine Mi Young?"  Jimin asked. 

"Nae." I smiled faintly back at him. "Aren't you busy?"

"Don't worry, I want to stay with you for a while." He grinned. "But are you really fine? You look a little pale..." He put on a frown. 

"It's ok, really. Probably just caught a cold." I continued with what I was doing, tidying the empty room. 

Jimin sat behind me while I cleaned. 

"You looked fine yesterday... Did you catch it from someone?" 

"I don't know. But if it was In Ha, I'll kill her." 

Jimin chuckled from behind before walking up to me. I sensed his presence as he glanced over my shoulder. I stopped as I felt his gaze upon me while a warm breath was exhaled near my neck. 

"Jimin-sshi! We need you over here-!" Ji Eun Timjang-nim yelled. 

Gradually, Jimin took some steps back and smiled at me. 

"Annyeong Mi Young! Talk to you sometime soon!" 

I waved at him. 

As soon as Jimin left, Min Jun strolled in.

"Mi Young I was looking for you!" He approached me. 

"Do you need anything Min Jun Timjang-nim?" 

"Aish you're being formal again." A sad look filled his face. "But anyway, meet me at the cafe near here. Would 10 minutes be enough Mi Young?" 

"W-why?" 

"I want to discuss some things with you and let's spend some time together." He grinned. 

I nodded hesitantly. 

"10 minutes!" He rushed off.

Sighing heavily, I trudged to the room where I placed my bag. Grabbing a bottle of water first, I took a gulp before looking it. 

Unexpectedly, I felt a grip on my wrist while I stumbled back in shock. Hastily, I put the bottle down before glancing back.

"Jungkook?!"

Struggling to gain balance, I watched Jungkook as he dragged me along the corridors. 

"Where are we going??! I have to meet Min Jun!" 

I kept trying to forcefully slip out of his grasp. It just deteriorated my injury on my wrist. 

Instantly, he glanced back, giving me an intense stare. 

As I nervously gulped the lump in my throat, he continued to walk past rooms before finally entering an empty one. 

I heard the familiar click as the door was immediately locked by him. I stood in silence as he sat down opposite me. 

The tension eventually built up. Slowly, I lifted my head to glimpse his figure. A dangerous stare met my gaze. Instantly, I lowered my eyes and hoped that he couldn't see me panicking. 

What is happening???

"J-Jungkook...I've got to go..." I stuttered out. 

As I took a step towards the door, I could feel his eyes following my movements. My lips pursed out of anxiety as I gradually retreated that step. 

He's scary...

"Mi Young... what's your purpose here...?" His voice echoed out. 

"What do you mean?" 

I stared at him in anxiety as he crossed his legs. His gaze was entirely fixed upon me. He was watching me. 

His every gesture made me nervous. 

"I just came here as an employee..." I looked to the side, breaking our eye contact. 

I glimpsed back again, but to see him gradually standing up. He reached for his pocket. 

I opened my mouth but no words dared to fall out. 

He held a phone in his hands. My phone. 

"W-Why do you have my phone! G-Give it back!" My nervousness was starting to show. 

He didn't see the messages right?!

"You know...I just found out what the MIN company does." He cocked his head to the side. 

Nervously, I stared down at the floor. The only thing I can do is hope. Hope that he didn't find out anything more. 

His approaching steps pounded heavily in my ears. 

"Is it me?" 

Stiffly, I stood there, scared to even move. 

I felt a strong grip on my wrist, a stinging pain hit my injury. 

"J-Jungkook...I-I think you got the wrong person..." I managed to mutter out. 

He leaned in close to my ears as hot breath fanned over my neck. 

"What else do you need to know? If I'm a criminal?" 

"J-Jungkook...I d-don't have time right now...I-I have to go and see Min Jun..." My breaths were inconsistent by now. 

He slowly took steps forwards as he grabbed my other wrist. I hurriedly took steps back, before I had realized, I was already caged in between him and the wall. 

I gasped slightly as he pinned my wrists to the wall. 

"Does Min Jun help you?" 

He read them...the messages...

I kept my mouth shut. I wouldn't dare to agree to anything. He was so close that I could feel his breaths. Suddenly, he tightened his grip as I closed my eyes in pain. 

"J-Jungkook..." 

A pain hit my head at the same time. 

"It hurts..." I muttered out. 

"Jungkook-sshi! Where are you?" An employee called out. 

I immediately took this chance. 

"Help-" I was stopped as Jungkook placed his hand over my mouth, freeing one of my wrist. 

"Yah! Are you crazy?! What would they think if they find us! In a locked room?!" He whispered to me. 

"J-Jungkook can you let go...it hurts..." I painfully mumbled out. 

It wasn't just my wrist... my head hurts. 

He turned his attention to me. 

"Y-Yah... You're pale..." He suddenly asked. 

I felt a hand brushing up my bangs before resting on my forehead. 

Unexpectedly, my legs gave out as I gradually slid down the wall.

"Y-Yah!" 

He found out...

Everything...