Chapter 12

Jungkook's POV 

I stared at the ring of employees from a distance, immersed into the commotion. Her eyes remained still on the ground as Ji Eun continued to scold her. 

Oh well... she's going to get fired. 

The top of my lips curved upwards. 

That's another one off my list. 

Heavy footsteps rushed into the group, ceasing the entire group. A male voice echoed out. 

Who is he?! 

I furrowed my eyebrows as he defended Mi Young. Scoffing sarcastically, I glared at the male as he successfully persuaded Ji Eun to not fire Mi Young. 

Who is he?!  Why is he ruining my plans?! 

From the side of my sight, I could glimpse a girl, her hands which were scrunched into fists were stiffed at the level of her short pink dress. Her obvious deathly glares hinted something. 

"Is this your plan Sung Ae?" 

Her earrings gleamed in my sight as her dark brown hair uncovered them. Her eyes traced over to me. 

"Oppa what do you mean?" 

Sluggishly, I pulled my phone out from my jeans while sighing. 

"I didn't do much... just chucked the box of supplies into a random cupboard." 

"Oh." 

"I can't believe she's not fired yet." 

"Return it."

"What?" Her eyes narrowed in annoyance. 

"Return the box and say it's me who told you to return it." 

"Why should I oppa? Don't you hate her? Don't you want her to resign?" 

"Yea I hate her." 

"And you want to return it? Are you breaking your promise oppa?! We agreed that we would work together and have every female employee fired!" 

"I just feel that I haven't tortured her enough." I stared at my phone screen. 

"Fine. I will. But you need to keep your promise." She stomped away. 

***

I glanced at Mi Young who ran all around the place.

Has Sung Ae returned it yet?

She flopped onto a seat while brushing back her bangs. I watched her as she panted in exhaustion.  

I stared down at my phone as I glimpsed her exhausted figure. Glancing back at her, my eyes unconsciously followed her movements as she stared at her shoes. Her feet fiddled and moved around in anxiety. 

 Shaking my head quickly as I closed my eyes, I turned my attention back to the phone in my hands. 

While strolling to the practicing room, I remembered the red hoodie that I had absentmindedly left in there. Hurriedly, I walked back around the corner and ran to the empty room. 

I widened my eyes as a familiar figure rapidly approached me. 

"Yah! Watch where you-" I stopped. 

It wasn't pain that made me stop. It was her that made me swallow my words. Mi Young. 

Her small figure sat up on the wooden floor. Both her hands brushed over her hair, rubbing somewhere that she hit perhaps while she looked down in pain. Gradually, she lifted her head up.

My eyes widened as I stared at the little pout on her lips. Eventually, she stood up unsteadily, gathering the box of supplies that she was carrying. 

I sat there stupidly, still staring in the same direction. Hurriedly, I got up. 

"Y-Yah! Aren't you going to thank me?" 

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Why should I? You just made me fall-" She stopped and quickly rushed out the door. 

Did Sung Ae not tell Mi Young that It was me who actually gave her the box of supplies??

I glimpsed her clumsy stumbles as she unsteadily wobbled out the door.

I shook my head a couple of times before grabbing my hoodie. 

As I walked out the practicing room, two familiar figures caught my attention. Mi Young and that male who helped her.  

What's his name? 

I soon knew as Mi Young called out to him. 

Min Jun? 

That's his name? 

Are they close? 

The male patted her head as Mi Young blushed.

Woah. I didn't know Mi Young could blush. 

I recalled her pout 5 minutes ago. 

Or pout...

I stared at her as she gripped her black skirt while blushing. Something that shined under her skirt caught my attention. I narrowed my eyes as I thought the object was silver. 

It's probably just my eyesight.

Right...?