Chapter 28

"I want you..." 

There was a moment of silence while I gulped. 

"...to fight," 

He flashed me a smile before standing up again. A somehow sad one.

The sky seemed to brighten up a little as the moon came into view. 

 I watched as Jungkook stepped towards Min Jun. The unlocked handcuffs loosely dangled from his hands before falling off. 

"You promised that you won't go near her." Jungkook stopped in front of him. 

The brisk sound of flickering of blades caught my attention. Min Jun had hurled a knife at Jungkook's direction which had barely slashed against his jaw, cutting a shallow wound that bled immediately. 

Jungkook remained unfaltering as the male instantly charged at him with another blade in hand. 

Panicking, I gripped my rod as I was about run up and help him. But as soon as I was about to stand up, Jungkook had agilely dodged his attack before hitting a vital point on Min Jun's wrist, causing the male to drop his weapon in a split second. 

Grabbing the opposition's arm, Jungkook forcefully pushed Min Jun's back to the ground again before securing his arms behind. Relieved, I watched as the boy rested his knee upon Min Jun's behind and pushed his shoulder to the ground, locking him face-down to the earth. 

"Why did you approach her?" Jungkook asked. 

Is Jungkook talking about me?

A chuckle came from the male beneath him. 

"Why couldn't I?" A smug response came from Min Jun. 

"You promised you wouldn't as long as I wasn't with her."

What is he talking about?

Jungkook pushed a bit more force on his back. 

"Why did you?" Jungkook demanded. 

"The same reason you did." Min Jun responded.  

Jungkook gritted his teeth. 

"You know the police are looking all over for you?" 

"And yet, here I am." Min Jun responded with a hint of proudness. 

"Say what you want when you're in jail." 

Harshly, Jungkook pulled Min Jun up by the collar.

"Why don't you throw the CEO of MIN in there too?" He added. 

"Why should I do that? You're the one who deserves to be in jail." Jungkook rose an eyebrow. 

Min Jun's expression seem to have darkened instantly as he turned silent. 

"You don't know how it feels." Min Jun broke the silence. 

Jungkook immediately tightened his grasp on his shirt before forcefully pulling him up, slightly lifting off the ground. 

"Look. I don't time to deal with whatever you're gonna say." 

Min Jun let out a chuckle before instantly silencing again. 

"Try living with a maniac." He muttered before glaring at Jungkook. 

Unexpectedly, the male had quickly grabbed another knife in his jacket and hurled it at the boy. 

Letting go of Min Jun, Jungkook stumbled back in pain as a crimson patch of blood formed on his waist. 

My eyes widened at the sight as I tried to stand up on my trembling legs, but failed due to the long time that I had been on my knees.