Chapter 30 {END}

"All the employees who went through the interview, follow me please!"

I held the clipboard close to my chest as I shouted through the crowd of chatters. Many girls were seated excitedly when they squealed every so often.

It's been 2 years. Since that incident. 

Since...the time I last saw him.

The air conditioning in the corridors was especially cold as I walked through with the employees trailing behind me. At least I was wearing jeans, finally. 

Min Jun was arrested. Along with his father, Mr Jun. 

Entering the main room, I saw the group of boys standing there, ready to introduce themselves. 

Mr Jun was arrested for child abuse in his past life. I guess that was why Min Jun had such hate for him. 

With Mr Jun gone, the MIN company had officially closed. All the trained employees have gone on their separate ways. 

I guess I'm still here. I took up my mother's spot. Even though most people have resigned, like Sung Hee. 

I watched as each one of them bowed diligently. All 6 of them. It had been a rough time for them too. They had finally managed to smile after months after that incident. They've lost their maknae. 

And I've lost my parents. Soon after that night, when I returned to the campus. There was that letter on my bed. 

I still remember my mother's handwriting inscribed onto that paper. Father had passed away, she wrote. Her purpose of being disguised was to find Min Jun. 

They were her messages. Her messages were still kept on my phone. I had never deleted them. 

She said she was sorry for not spending any time with me. She was afraid that I would be in danger if I knew her identity. 

But what's there to be sorry for? 

I should be the one who is sorry. 

Jimin glanced at me as they smiled at the new employees, he seemed to stare at me with encouraging eyes. I realized how down I had looked for the past few minutes when I brightened up, smiling at him back. He flashed me that eye smile I could always remember. 

Yet, I could never forget everything. 

I couldn't even give my mother one last smile when she passed away.  Or at least even say "I love you." 

"...in charge of Park Jimin." Closing my clipboard, I looked around to see if there were any questions.

Glimpsing the hand that was raised, I took note of the girl. 

"Yes?" 

"Where's Jungkookie oppa?" 

The girls around her seem to gossip. 

"...Don't you know???"

"He went missing!" 

I regret not holding onto him. I don't know where he went, or why he left. The police couldn't find him. They're telling me to give up. They're telling me that he's dead. 

I just hope he's well... for the past 2 years. 

I just hope that he's still alive. 

I want him to be alive. 

Walking back through the corridor, I went back to the waiting room where the new employees were minutes ago. My shift was about to end anyway.

I don't know why I'm still here. I could find another job with a better pay. 

But...I have nowhere to go anyway. 

I don't have a family. 

Opening the door, I sighed as I tiredly put my clipboard down on a desk near me. I looked up across the room, to see a figure leaning at the back wall. For some reason, I shivered a little as I glanced at his shadowed face. His features were blocked by his black hoodie and he stood there in silence, with his hands in his jean pockets. 

He reminded me of Min Jun. 

"Are you a new employee? I-If you are, you need to go to the main room." I stumbled. "W-What's your name?" Trembling slightly, I grabbed my clipboard again with the list of names. 

Slowly, I traced down his body, Timberlands. 

I froze completely.

His hands came into view when he grabbed his hoodie and lifted it off. 

Those eyes that stared back at me made me tear up uncontrollably. His eyes that still had that glint of light in them. 

My clipboard dropped to the ground. 

Needless to say, I was in utter bewilderment when I could just feel my tears pouring down. 

I let out a suddenly hitched breath... when he gave me that smile. 

Everything was so familiar to me. The warming look in his eyes, his ruffed up hair and his soft lips. 

I broke down instantly when he spoke up with the same deep voice. 

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."