Chapter 8 ✓

~Hailey~

As walked out of the house, a car pulls up in front of me with no other than Kevin driving it. "Get in," He orders.

"No thanks," I replied and kept walking but he slowly drives the car next to me, making me stop and glare at him.

"I said get in, I don't know what that was last night but that doesn't mean I'm letting you walk all the way to school," He opens the door and I went inside without further arguments. The whole ride was quiet and awkward, I honestly can't wait to get out. 

As soon as we got to school, I immediately went out of the car and scanned the entrance of the building. I didn't see any of the girls but I saw someone else that would be better company right now. I stomped down the pavement towards him as I felt Kevin follow close behind me.

I grab Ian's arm, taking him by surprise and whispered into his ear. "Remember about you waiting for my answer?" He looks at me, quiet and waiting for me to continue as a small crowd forms around us. 

"I thought about it," I started, wrapping my arms around his neck, knowing full well that I was hurting someone else. "It wouldn't hurt to give you a chance as my boyfriend," I smiled at Ian, to which he smiled back and hoisted me up by the waist in excitement. 

"I'll make sure that you won't regret it, I promise," he rests his head on mine as the crowd around us cheered. I know that a quarter of the school knew that Ian and I had something going on, just not dating-material type of thing. Our PDA moment was cut short when he looks behind me and I follow his gaze. 

"Since when, Hailey?" Kevin gives me a look of disbelief and anger merged into one. I couldn't find the strength to talk to him and buried my my face into Ian's chest instead. 

"I don't know what's going on but I think it would be better if you just left, dude," Ian calmly says, pulling me into him closer.

"I can't believe you, Hailey," and with those words, I hear fading footsteps and the crowd dispersing, finally leaving me alone with Ian. 

"You okay, Hailey?" Ian asks, tucking my hair behind my ear before kissing my head gently. 

"I'll be fine, it's just something stupid," I reason as he and I head inside. 

"Nothing is stupid when it comes to my girlfriend," I could hear the smile in his voice. 

"Your girlfriend doesn't want to talk about it," I pout up at him, in an effort to drop the subject and thankfully he does.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Are you okay? We heard about the Ian thing," Claire asks but I ignored question. 

"Debbie and Kevin are apparently dating now. That sna-," Emily stops when she sees me plop my head down and groan. I just want to go home. 

"Hailey? Would you like to be excused to go to the clinic?" The teacher asks mid-lesson. I lifted my head and nodded, grabbing my bag and saying goodbye to my friends before leaving the room and dashing to the restroom.  

I glared at my reflection before bending over to wash my face. Why do you always take the most complicated route to every problem? What was so wrong about being in a relationship with Kevin and why does poor Ian have to be dragged into this as your rebound?

I was going to literally shout at myself when I hear clicking of shoes, making me scram and hide in a vacant stall. 

"Ms. Popular is your local slut now too," one girl says.

"Talk about drama, maybe she just likes the rumors and attention that she gets," another girl starts, probably taking out her make-up pouch. "She was sleeping around with Ian, then she was spotted a couple of times with Kevin, and now she's dating Ian? Don't get me wrong, those two are hot but her sluttiness just drags down their reputations."

I mean, they're not wrong so why am I being hurt about this? I don't have the right to cry when I'm the one using some guy who wants me to get rid of the other.

"Come on guys, every person has their own life that they have to go through. We don't know what shxt she might be going through right now so what gives us the right to judge her just because of what happens in public?" A familiar voice says. I always heard that voice around Kevin so it must be Debbie. 

"Nope, there's no changing my mind about that witch, but hey! Kevin practically begged you to be his, so you're the hottest girl now," the other girl groans before they all scampered out of the restroom. After I was sure that nobody was left, I exited the stall and made my way out of the campus, unaware that someone saw me leave. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I saw you leaving school early, want me to come over and bring some food?" I read the message I received from Ian before replying. 

"Come over, I want to flix and chill. ;)" I replied, laughing lightly to myself. I could use some company that wasn't Kevin or someone who wouldn't be all up in my face about me going around with different guys. 

After half an hour, a car pulls up in front of the house. I quickly ran downstairs and opened the door for the food- I mean for Ian. He pulls me into a tight hug before teasing me with the bag of food as we headed inside. 

"What's the tea?" Ian asks in the most "mean-girl" accent he could muster, making me laugh as we both plopped down on the sofa. 

"I don't want to ruin our movie date," I sighed, laying my head on his shoulder. 

"I don't want you to cry yourself to sleep. Is it school problems?"

"Kind of?"

"Is it boy problems?"

I simply nod, waiting for him to speak again. 

"Kevin?" he sighed, pushing his hair up. "News travels like wild-fire y'know. It's okay, go ahead and rant, I won't get mad. I just want to understand what's going on in that pretty little head of yours."

I found myself smiling before I slowly broke down as I told him everything going on in my mind.