Chapter 40 ✓

~Hailey~

As I kind of stalked Dave's accounts, I try to find out what he really is after. You would think that someone on probation would be quiet on any social media. I suddenly receive a message request from a random account.

deepbluesea;

Wanna meet at the observatory room?
                                 Received | 11:24 pm

I found myself standing up and grabbing my jacket as I headed out. It was so late at night, I'm surprised we weren't scolded for getting out. Well there wasn't a curfew. I knew how dangerous this was and yet, here I was. If this was a horror movie, I'd be those characters that were screamed at to look behind me or to not open the door. 

I entered the room and saw a shadow. It was him, he quickly slides his hood on before I can recognize him. Why did he want to keep his identity a secret? He pats the floor as he motions for me to sit beside him.

"So why did you want me to come here?" I started to get straight to the point, ready to leave. 

"To reveal my identity," He says in a different tone.

"Really?" I had an inkling of who he might be. 

"No," he chuckles. I frown and cross my arms. I was getting frustrated.

"Why not? Is there something wrong that you don't want to tell me?" I suddenly say.

He stops laughing and looks my way. It was too dark to see his face. "Well of course, I did something unforgivable and nothing could excuse my behavior."

"Dave?" I asked. 

"I've changed, okay? So please forgive me about before." He says staring into my eyes as he pulled his hood off.

"You say that as if it's an easy thing to do, you assaulted me. I tried to understand what the hell goes in a high schoolers head to do that but nothing really gives you the right to hurt anyone." I spat at him and then sighed. "But we had your family under investigation and I found out-"

"That my family was abusive? Yeah," he said disappointedly. 

"That doesn't make it okay to do what you did and I can't forgive you already, what you did was.."

"I understand, don't worry, I just want to atone for it. I started therapy a while back and I hope it goes well. How are you lately?"

"I also plan to go to therapy once all the schoolwork is gone. I don't trust you and I don't think I will anytime soon so the only thing I can do is be civil with you. Try to keep your distance from me, please," I asked him. 

"Alright, but you need to go, before he starts to worry. He could be awake right now."

I nod getting up and heading out. I was in a daze as I made my way back. 

~End~