Chapter 33 ✓

~Kevin~

After we left the carnival, we all packed up to go to the college. Hailey slept on my shoulder for the whole ride, or maybe she pretended to be asleep so the girls wouldn't pester her about the night we spent together. 

The moonlight shines on her and the wind's breeze caresses her face from the open window. I could just study her and admire her all the time. I brush her hair with my fingers and kissed her forehead.

Dan looks at me through the mirror and smirks. "You're hella corny, man," he teased. 

I glare at him. "So what? Don't tell me you don't do it too?"

"Kissing my girlfriend in public? Hmm, not really,"

"Well a car isn't necessarily public, especially when I didn't expect to be watched the whole time," I remarked. 

"Since when did you have the brains to say that?" He chuckled.

"Since I did the speech for this year's graduation."

We both ended up laughing, which must've woken Hailey up by mistake. I hushed her back to sleep rather than having her be grumpy about it later. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We arrive at the college and paid extra to be able to pick our own rooms. Girls were supposed to stick together but we decided to room by couple. 

After packing up Hailey plopped down on her bed.

I text the other guys to help me serenade Hailey. For a second date. THE REAL ONE.

I feel guilty for just letting us have one date. That date being, a bet, a dare. A joke. I'm not the greatest romantic. But I don't want to be the biggest loser either.

I asked the girls, most especially Emily to come and help me. Emily did agree, but I have an idea that she'd be happier that Hailey would be.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was midnight and Hailey is still probably using her phone. We were all set up here at a park. I text Hailey.

"Come to Garden Miracle and wear a dress. ;)"

I instanly get a reply.

"Sure thing. What time?"

"As soon as you can. I'll be waiting."

Yep... I'll be waiting.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We watched Hailey from the shadows as she walks around confused. John turned the lights above the table and Hailey saw it. She moved over to the chair and smiled. I stepped out of the shadows and smiled at her. I took her hand and kissed it. I could see it in her eyes that she was, about to cry. She hugs me, tears falling down.

"Consider this as our first date? I couldn't bear to think that our first date was just for a dare, so let me make it up to you with a genuine one this time," I looked at her and smiled, admiring her outfit. 

"Thank you for this," She smiles and kisses my cheek. "I haven't been feeling the best lately so I'm sorry for that too."

I pull her chair back and told her to sit down. I walked to the chair opposite her. Two guys with white masks walked towards us and placed down two plates.

"Spaghetti.." I hear Hailey mumble, I chuckle at this.

I stood up and kneeled on one knee. She looks at me. I hold out a ring and she stares at it. I took her hand and kissed it again.

"Hailey Ford, would you-"

"I'm not ready for marriage, after graduation, remember?" She cuts me off, to which I chuckle and shake my head before continuing. 

"It's a promise ring, I'll wait for a proper time with that. But for now, would you be my girlfriend? For real this time."

Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment but she takes her time to think.

"Through ups and downs, every mood, every obstacle, you've stayed. You deserve to officially be my boyfriend this time," she answers. I placed the ring on her finger and stood up, she also stands up and kisses me. I tilt my head, kissing her deeper.

Emily screams and jumps out of the shadows, and so does everyone. As we pull away, Emily runs at Hailey and tackles her with a tight hug. I couldn't help but chuckle. Someone pats my shoulder.

"Good Job, Bro. Still corny but it's not all that bad." I looked beside me and it was Dan. He smiles at me, I smile back.

"Let's celebrate tomorrow. We'll get some rest first." John suggests, yawning. I don't even know if I could sleep after what just occurred. We all went home after that. Hailey slept beside me with a peaceful smile as she fell asleep.

Goodnight future Mrs. Scott..

~End~