Chapter 41 ✓

~Hailey~

It's been a few days since I knew about Dave. But there was a girl, Vivian, who kept approaching me. She seems like a sweet little girl, just a bit aggressive like me.

"Uhm, Hailey, could I talk to you about something?"

"Sure!"

"About the guy you hang out with. Charles?"

Did she like him? Poor girl, I wish she knew but alas..

"My best friend?" I answered with a smile. 

"And about this guy named Kevin. You seem to hang out with him a lot too," she grew shy. 

"He's my boyfriend," I snapped at her. My smile dropped and I felt a pang of jealousy and irritation. She quickly apologizes and walks away, mumbling something on the way out. I may have been harsh on her. Maybe she didn't like him, maybe she was just going to ask something about him. But what?

What would she ask?

Charles taps me on the shoulder. I greeted him with a hug. Kevin entered the room and I pulled away from Charles. He didn't say anything and just hugged me.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

A few weeks after my outburst, Vivian hasn't really been talking to me much. I shouldn't have done that, I wasn't thinking straight. Jealousy was drowning me now-a-days. Especially, when I see a girl flirt with Kevin as he leave his classroom.

I remembered that one almost kissed him but he kept pushing her away and avoiding her. He didn't know that I see what he was doing, but he does tell me what he was doing. I can't help but feel happy with how he could be so trustworthy, but it was the bare minimum.

I wouldn't want him to be gone from my life. I pushed the thought of him stolen from me out of my mind. He was loyal and I appreciated it. 

I see Dave pass by and waved at me with a smile, I waved back and gave him a nod. I guess he took this as an initiation to have a quick chat. He pulls me into a quick hug which I awkwardly returned. I guess based on his actions lately, he seems genuine with his apology.

"Hailey, how's classes these d-" He stops in midsentence as he looks behind me as we pulled away from the hug.

I followed his gaze and saw Kevin.

"Hailey? What the fuck are you doing with this asshole?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he glared at Dave, he then looked at me and his eyes softened. "Are you shagging this asshole?"

"No, I'm not, could you let me-"

"Maybe everyone was right about that rumor that you were a slut." He says out of anger, not even hearing me out. 

How could he say that? How could he believe other more than his own partner? He stormed off, not even bothering to talk. Dave tells me that I should go after him. Despite thinking it wasn't wise to approach him while we're both ticking bombs, I went after him. 

I followed Kevin until we arrive behind the school. He stops dead on his tracks and looks at me. The sight tore me apart, he looked betrayed and like he would cry. 

I felt guilt. I shouldn't have talked to Dave without his permission. To see him this vulnerable, his fragile self. The part of him where he doesn't have walls to block with. He was an open book to me right now. I walked closer to Kevin but he turns his back on me. I just hugged him from behind.

I slowly explained to him while still hugging him. After I was done explaining, he believed me and understood. He face me and pulled me to a kiss. He said he would try to give the guy a chance too but he would be the one to talk to him before I do.

~End~