Chapter 23 ✓

~Kevin~

We got home and as Hailey opened the door, her mom hugs her.

"Honey! Your home! We have good news!" Mrs. Ford starts.

"You two are getting married when you guys graduate college!" My mom continues, throwing me off a bit. 

"To combine our two companies!" Mrs. Ford adds.

"Dad! Oh my god! You did it!" Hailey hugs her dad, ignoring the marriage part and was just happy about not being forced into a different marriage. 

"No, Hailey. You did it, if you hadn't reminded us of what's truly important, we'd still be blinded by money and corporate demands," Mr. Ford replies.

"I actually did more research and he was planning to frame someone after he siphons enough money out of the company," Dad complains.

"I should have expected that."

"Let's make our kids the proof of unity and an image of what a true family should be." 

Hailey comes back to my side and smiled at me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I told you to trust me," she teases, still happy about the news.

"I did," I smiled. 

"So..you're happy?"

"Not completely," I admit. 

"What? Why? What's wrong?"

"I would be happy and contented once we finally get married," I answered, holding her close. 

"Aww.."

"We will get married. Don't you worry," I assured her. She blushes and looks at me. I leaned my head on hers and gave her lips a quick kiss, realising a tiny laugh from her. 

"I love you..."

"I love you more..."

"I love you most..."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

She sleeps with me in my room. I hug her and pull her close. I kissed her forehead. She looks like an angel. I trace my finger down her sides. I hold her cheek and kissed her. This was the same face I stared at through the window before, not to be creepy. The same cheeks that were rosy red. The same eyes when they're open. They sparkle. The same lips that I wished I could kiss. And now..I am.

I would wait for that day that I was kneeling before you. Holding your hand and holding a ring out with the other, and it would make me cry in joy if I hear you say yes.

I love you so so much.

I love you, Hailey

~End~